Notorious 3D printed paddle tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
After a failed run i have had my first 2 packs go trough my nptorious. They work suprisingly well. Break up ise and making a lawmoqer sound when doing it. My top speed is reduced because im running backflip lps to match the size of the paddle tires.
IMG_20230109_063034_726.jpg
IMG_20230109_062843_890.jpg

Going to upload the videos on YouTube

Last edited:
Those things look great. Plan to do another set for the front?
My understanding is im going to lose steering and make it more unstable
Nice!! They look familiar.. I printed off a set of those too. My mistake was not enough infill at the hubs, broke one. Pictured alongside are backflip 4s and Kaiju tire. They worked great until a sideways landing off a snowbank..watch out for those!! LOL 🙄🤔

View attachment 268582

View attachment 268583

View attachment 268584
Nice!! They look familiar.. I printed off a set of those too. My mistake was not enough infill at the hubs, broke one. Pictured alongside are backflip 4s and Kaiju tire. They worked great until a sideways landing off a snowbank..watch out for those!! LOL 🙄🤔

View attachment 268582

View attachment 268583

View attachment 268584
They are the same did the same mistake. One still has low infill that would be the left rear. But why replace it when its not yet broken. I tumbled on concrete and the rear right snapped
49DE24A2-F7BD-4926-96AC-95C30146D81C.jpeg
D7ADC24D-86AF-45C7-B318-C87F0BF87367.jpeg

Also my filament was wet or just bad quality(overture)? I printed with duramic petg for the solid infill one and i had no stringing or any holes with deposits. Both dried prior of use. I had an oveture print just delaminate for some reason 0 adhesion. Raised temps to 250 and seems to have fixed it(240-245 before)

My understanding is im going to lose steering and make it more unstable

They are the same did the same mistake. One still has low infill that would be the left rear. But why replace it when its not yet broken. I tumbled on concrete and the rear right snapped View attachment 268592View attachment 268593
Also my filament was wet or just bad quality(overture)? I printed with duramic petg for the solid infill one and i had no stringing or any holes with deposits. Both dried prior of use. I had an oveture print just delaminate for some reason 0 adhesion. Raised temps to 250 and seems to have fixed it(240-245 before)
It's been a couple years since I've printed any parts, lost my printer room to our niece who needed a place to stay. I used quite a bit of overture back then, was decent I felt. Times change though..I used to buy Zeee batteries too. Before they got popular and the price went up. I hear folks having issues with those too now.
Once I do get back to printing it'll be like starting over again!! LOL

It's been a couple years since I've printed any parts, lost my printer room to our niece who needed a place to stay. I used quite a bit of overture back then, was decent I felt. Times change though..I used to buy Zeee batteries too. Before they got popular and the price went up. I hear folks having issues with those too now.
Once I do get back to printing it'll be like starting over again!! LOL
My zee lipos died. Power leades got ripped off

Curious, are you using the part-cooling fan? I read that PETG is significantly stronger when printed without part cooling. So I keep my fan turned off, and deal with the stringing.

I can see printing a wheel, though it's admittedly not something I would have thought of. But you also printed the tire?? Wow, how? Resin?

Curious, are you using the part-cooling fan? I read that PETG is significantly stronger when printed without part cooling. So I keep my fan turned off, and deal with the stringing.

I can see printing a wheel, though it's admittedly not something I would have thought of. But you also printed the tire?? Wow, how? Resin?
20% cooling

I used TPU for tires.

Well that's pretty cool! How are they? I have some TPU, but haven't tried it yet, in part because I hadn't really identified a need for it.
The top bottom layers and infill is important they determinate how flexy ur part would be and don't print too hot.

I find the TPU is quite stiff in the cold, but they seem fairly resilient. I printed some larger ones as well. Took around 20 hours a piece for just the tires.

View attachment 268654
Yeah they turn almost solid
I didnt print those because the wheels looked fairly weak and it used tons more filament for the tire itself

Yeah they turn almost solid
I didnt print those because the wheels looked fairly weak and it used tons more filament for the tire itself
Yeah, IIRC I broke or stripped a hub out of those too, LOL.
You ain't kidding it took alot of filament! Add the botched attempts and I bet I used 3-4 spools on just the white ones I referenced above!! Can't see in the pic, but the right rear tire is actually black cuz I ran out of white tpu filament,LOL.
I only bought the white filament because it was a few bucks cheaper per spool than black at the time. Always found it interesting how the prices on amazon flip flop so much..
I wasn't really experienced enough when I printed those jumbo white paddles..ended up wasting a crap load of material because I'm impatient!! 🙄🤔😮🤣🤣

Last edited:
What kind of TPU are you guys using? My TPU is so expensive, and these require so much filament, that the value proposition seems off. For a little bit more I could have real paddle tires.

What kind of TPU are you guys using? My TPU is so expensive, and these require so much filament, that the value proposition seems off. For a little bit more I could have real paddle tires.
I use duramic tpu from amazon
20-25$ the kg. Print without any infill... even at 5% they become rocks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back