3D printed RCs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch

Mom always said "Drive like a Maniac"
Premium Member
Military Veteran
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Granite Grom
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
  9. Typhon 6s
A couple of printed RCs I did in 2019
1678386252728.png

1678386316395.png

@Dutch , check out the skeeride 2...😎.. I'm building one now..😎.. killer rig.. I may be casting some of the parts out of aluminum..👍
Sweet, I don't think my old Ender 3 could handle it though 🤣

@Dutch , check out the skeeride 2...😎.. I'm building one now..😎.. killer rig.. I may be casting some of the parts out of aluminum..👍
I'd love to see a thread on casting aluminum!

My son has been going to some classes doing some old-school blacksmith work with iron. It is fun work.

@Dutch , check out the skeeride 2...😎.. I'm building one now..😎.. killer rig..
Wow that thing is 27 inches long! Now I'm interested. Think my Prusa Mini build plate is big enough at 18x18x18cm?

P.S. Has anyone built the Tarmo 4 or 5?

P.P.S. Here's my printed F1:

1678393157692.jpeg

Wow that thing is 27 inches long! Now I'm interested. Think my Prusa Mini build plate is big enough at 18x18x18cm?

View attachment 284134

How long did this take? How many days??

How long did this take? How many days??
It was almost two years ago, but if my memory serves me right, I'd say 150ish hours of printing. Not too crazy. It's a pretty simple design. Clever.

Have you seen 3dsets.com? Good design and engineering. But that was like 400 hours of printing and (no joke) 500+ screws.

Sweet, I don't think my old Ender 3 could handle it though 🤣

Oh yeah she could dutch, don't underestimate those good ole ender's . 😉.. only need a 220mm bed to make it happen..👍
I'd love to see a thread on casting aluminum!

My son has been going to some classes doing some old-school blacksmith work with iron. It is fun work.

I will most likely do a build thread on it when I get going . I do have a couple videos on my channel of some casting, but it didn't draw much attention, so I refrained from uploading..

I love iron work.. the one thing I'm missing is a good old anvil.. hard to get your hands on these days..

View attachment 284134

Yeah, they are 5th scale so have some length.. very detailed project as well.. the parts are designed to be able to print on a 220mm squared bed...

Is that the open rc f1? Looks good man..
That’s sweet! What material will you use for the printed parts?

They really are killer looking, I also like the options in the track length..😎..

Material will depend on what I plan out for casting.. But, end use parts that are printed will be a mix of things, PC, pctpe, tpu, pla, and a mix of 235 /645 /910 nylon depending on the parts...

Last edited:
I thought I would leave this here for you 3D printing guys. I thought it was pretty cool but way above my paygrade..lol😁

I thought I would leave this here for you 3D printing guys. I thought it was pretty cool but way above my paygrade..lol😁

THAT is pretty Extreme!
I'm surprised the frame itself held up so well After all those crashes.
At 25 - 30lbs it's impressively Fast!

Those dogs were lucky to not have gotten hurt.

8:45 clipped a dog
9:00 clipped another dog

11:30 on 12S Lipo

13:00 UNLEASHING THE BEAST

17:00 Sand Shark

THAT is pretty Extreme!

Glad you saw the post. I was thinking of you and @PeighDay , @kspitters when I posted it. I don't know squat about 3D printing but I'm pretty fascinated by it. There are a lot of really smart people on this forum...I am not one of them 😁

Glad you saw the post. I was thinking of you and @PeighDay , @kspitters when I posted it. I don't know squat about 3D printing but I'm pretty fascinated by it. There are a lot of really smart people on this forum...I am not one of them 😁

I think you're being too modest...
You probably know Much more than you're letting on and have just as much Life experience and Smarts than anyone of us. 🧐🍺

Plus, hanging around this Forum naturally makes everyone Smarter! 💪😁🏆

THAT is pretty Extreme!

Thanks for the time stamps.
Thank you very much for tagging me. I have hoped to build a fully 3d printed rc, possibly a snowmobile for these michigan winters. We’ll see when I can get to it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back