3d Printed Stand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LudeNation

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
Custom made 3d printed Stand with no-slip toppers for my Street Truck/Shelf Queen.
20220823_113054.jpg
20220823_113122.jpg
20220823_113101.jpg
20220823_123754.jpg

20220823_113113.jpg

Looks good . Glad to see more and more people getting use out of printers..👍

I play a little game where I print something and then see how much someone is selling something similar for on Etsy. Going by that metric I've already paid for the printer with the money I saved by printing myself instead of buying.

For me personally the printer has been one of my most solid investments in hobbies in general. It's feeding into my RC and Diecast projects as well as some household stuff and things for my wife's hobbies as well.

It's incredible what you can do with a sub $300 printer and a $20 spool of filament.

Absolutely..👍.. I've been on the train for about 10 years now.. they are very useful tools if you approach them with that mentality..

For years I saw them go to the wayside printing vases and pretty much just trinkets.. makes me happy to see people have found merit in the usefulness of a printer for practical things...

I have 13 printers that work around the clock most of the time..😉..

Absolutely..👍.. I've been on the train for about 10 years now.. they are very useful tools if you approach them with that mentality..

For years I saw them go to the wayside printing vases and pretty much just trinkets.. makes me happy to see people have found merit in the usefulness of a printer for practical things...

I have 13 printers that work around the clock most of the time..😉..

I just recently pulled the trigger on a very basic Anycubic Mega for my first printer and aside from some "made in China" issues with assembly it is great.

I've definitely printed my share of trinkets, mostly because I try to do test prints with new filament on something that has at least a little purpose when it's done.

It has made me very aware of who is using other people's designs to make money. I had to explain why I couldn't just print and sell a part to a local guy without paying the royalty to the designer. I know some people have no issue with it but I work in the 1:1 offroad industry and my boss is an engineer. I have seen his designs stolen twice in the last 3 years and it was infuriating. Can't imagine shafting someone like that.

Fun part for me was that my boss was so impressed with the print in place Makerbot that he had me order a printer and materials for the shop the next day. He's done lots of work in metal but this will allow us to prototype interior parts and bracketry easier for some situations.

If anyone needs some LMK. I have several different styles/designs for most RC cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back