SOLD / FOUND 3D Printed Universal Roof/Skid Rails

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
3d Printed Universal Skid Rails.

$8 OBO shipped to the lower 48 for 1 set, or $12 OBO shipped for 2 sets.

One set is 2 top rails and 2 bottom brackets. So 4 pieces in all. They work best on completely flat surfaces, this is because they are NOT flexible.🤷‍♂️

These work good on the Traxxas Ford Raptor. I talked to @GYU HOBBY RC and they should work perfectly on the Big Rock Crew Cab. Thanks again @GYU HOBBY RC for your help! :D (If they don't work on the BRCC it's NOT his fault.)

Dimensions:
Length: 100mm
Width: 15mm
Height (thickness): 8mm

I only have 2 sets left. I guess I could make more if people want me to, but....

PM me if interested.

Skid Rail Set
Roof Rail Set.jpg

Skid Rail Set
Roof Rail Set .jpg

Top Rails
Roof Rails.jpg

Bottom Brackets
Brackets.jpg

Traxxas Ford Raptor
PXL_20210425_040052027.jpg
PXL_20210425_040057093.jpg

Last edited:
I'm trying TPU right now. I tried it last night but it only printed like 5 layers. Raised the nozzle temp, same thing. 🤷‍♂️
Direct extruder will help a ton. Also slow your print speed wayyyyyyyy down

Direct extruder will help a ton. Also slow your print speed wayyyyyyyy down
I already did all that. Print speed at 30mm/second and direct drive extruder.
damn you...tempted. Can you post a picture of it mounted to a body on this thread? May help your cause.
Yeah, I'll get some pics soon. I talked to @GYU HOBBY RC and they will fit perfectly on the roof of the brcc too.

Do they lay flat to the contours of the body or stick up like that?

Do they lay flat to the contours of the body or stick up like that?
They stick up a little. When you tighten it down it should suck it flat and the body will straighten a little. 🤷‍♂️ They work best on completely flat surfaces though.(y) I really want to make them in TPU though. It would work great. Planning on starting that within the month. Or trying to.

Well seeing as how I print 90% of the time and keep you don't be afraid to ask questions on getting it set up to run right

Well seeing as how I print 90% of the time and keep you don't be afraid to ask questions on getting it set up to run right
What printer are you using for TPU. I bought a roll but have been afraid to try it out since I have PLA + dialed in nicely right now.

What printer are you using for TPU. I bought a roll but have been afraid to try it out since I have PLA + dialed in nicely right now.
What ever slicer you are using you can save a profile. Tpu on a ender 3 v2. So far I have been able to print anything I have thrown at it even nylon. Few upgrades obviously but a great little rig

What ever slicer you are using you can save a profile. Tpu on a ender 3 v2. So far I have been able to print anything I have thrown at it even nylon. Few upgrades obviously but a great little rig
Nice Thanks for the tips. I do have some saved profiles in Cura slicer.

For some reason I was assuming I would have to switch out the nozzle and other parts for TPU. I will have to give it a try soon.

Nice Thanks for the tips. I do have some saved profiles in Cura slicer.

For some reason I was assuming I would have to switch out the nozzle and other parts for TPU. I will have to give it a try soon.
It is recommended to go direct drive for tpu but you can get away with it if you turn your printer speed way down. I don't have a direct drive and fastest I have been able to go is 30mm and that was hit or miss. 20mm is faster also depending on the type of tpu. Every filiment is different. Not all tpu are same as well as pla. Some like it hotter, some like less retractions. It all depends on what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back