3d Printer build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
X axis and extrude completed! It is taking me awhile to get this done because of outside circumstances. Also, I’m hoping the belts are tightened appropriately. They are easy to adjust though so should be able to tune it as I go along.

I did break a small part on the extruded but from what I can tell it won’t affect anything. I can always print a new one.

4FAFEBD0-F4C6-4EFC-976E-8903F65A8318.jpeg
8F57E152-FB43-43ED-9AFD-FAE721A49FB0.jpeg
C6010178-267F-4A3F-B027-DB9C6FB7FA29.jpeg

Here is my next project.

632F6F58-38A5-49AC-B12C-2B6D048157C0.jpeg

I’ll install octoprint. It is crazy that all the recommended webcams are out of stock everywhere. I ordered a decent one from Amazon that does 1080p. Should be here in a few days.

I’ll be printing the case for it and I need to get a 40mm fan too.

Update the firmware on that pi4 (eeprom and vlx) before anything. The recent updates bring the temps under control. If you don't have heatsinks for the pi4 I suggest finding a case that allows alot of airflow.

I don't run a cooling fan on my pi4 (for silent operation) but I am using this awesome case https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XVPH79R/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_nHS3Eb7NDSAV6
Thanks for the advice on the update. I’ve already installed heat sinks and am currently printing a case that accepts a 40mm fan. I’m not worried about keeping things silent really. That is a cool case though.

Never seen that type of pattern before? Maybe belts slipping? ??‍♂️
Yeah I don’t know. When I was installing the belts I tested the tension a lot because I didn’t want them slipping. Maybe they are too tight. Hell I don’t know lol! I’m sure I’ll figure it out at some point. Functionally the print is solid and since it is on the bottom, I could care less.

printed the top piece last night

74170D4A-7D97-4BA8-B6E4-314AE23C76FE.jpeg
A8518743-D664-4FD1-8626-55912569761C.jpeg

So awhile back @LibertyMKiii made a cap pack case for me and it is super awesome. Unfortunately, I broke it already.

So, I mocked up a design in fusion 360 based on his design (all credit goes to him). I only needed the bottom plate and the first print was ok.

What I changed was the mounting holes to line up with the existing holes on the chassis so I don’t have to drill out holes. I also just hollowed out the inside. @LibertyMKiii had extruded put some lines for the cap wires. I haven’t quite figured that part out yet in F360.

Anyways, the first run at it was ok. The first two mounting holes lined up perfectly. The back two were off by about 1mm.

3146E851-4567-4D5B-82FA-7C3BC446B01A.jpeg

I also was completely unsure which way to print it. If you look at the bottom it is a bit stringy. I printed it right side up with supports.

This time around,I created two components, the flat plate and the mounting block. So I’ll print each separately and attach with screws.

Any pointers are much appreciated as I learn all this.

So awhile back @LibertyMKiii made a cap pack case for me and it is super awesome. Unfortunately, I broke it already.

So, I mocked up a design in fusion 360 based on his design (all credit goes to him). I only needed the bottom plate and the first print was ok.

What I changed was the mounting holes to line up with the existing holes on the chassis so I don’t have to drill out holes. I also just hollowed out the inside. @LibertyMKiii had extruded put some lines for the cap wires. I haven’t quite figured that part out yet in F360.

Anyways, the first run at it was ok. The first two mounting holes lined up perfectly. The back two were off by about 1mm.

View attachment 84928

I also was completely unsure which way to print it. If you look at the bottom it is a bit stringy. I printed it right side up with supports.

This time around, I created two components, the flat plate and the mounting block. So I’ll print each separately and attach with screws.

Any pointers are much appreciated as I learn all this.

I don't want to disturb your learning process, but if you want to have the fusion 360 file I posted it on thing-I-verse for you.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4441122

I'm guessing PLA based on how quickly he is getting those results. No offense meant, PETG is a real learning curve overall.

I like it!
One thought would be to IR Temp check it after running hard. I'm not sure how much heat builds up in them. Probably not much...

Good point!

Love the green filament color. Is that PETG?

PLA. I haven’t purchased any PETG yet. Figured I start with the most common atm.
I'm guessing PLA based on how quickly he is getting those results. No offense meant, PETG is a real learning curve overall.
That’s what I hear so I’m just using PLA atm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back