3d Printer build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing PLA based on how quickly he is getting those results. No offense meant, PETG is a real learning curve overall.
I must be lucky then. PLA and PETG both print really well for me now that I have a dehydrator for filament

I must be lucky then. PLA and PETG both print really well for me now that I have a dehydrator for filament

I bought those “do not eat” packs to throw in gallon size zip lock bags to help with that.

@LibertyMKiii - what you said about the temps led me to make some changes to the pack.

7624E9DC-F52C-4A58-9D77-E280CF17EE7A.png

First layer issues was my thing with PETG when I started out. All else was easy with the all-metal hotends. Now, I have to keep my bed heated to get my PETG prints off.

First layer issues was my thing with PETG when I started out. All else was easy with the all-metal hotends. Now, I have to keep my bed heated to get my PETG prints off.
Hmm mine release better cooled down. They basically lift off by themselves. I’m using a glass plate bed tho.

I had my first print that failed. I caught it before it had a chance or at least potential chance to fail. The corners of the print started to lift off the bed. FWIW the corners were super narrow so that was probably why.

Also, I designed and printed a new bumper mount. I only drew it up once and it fit perfectly. Super awesome.

2CBF2C81-99A2-4E00-B5DE-E55C4245BF0A.jpeg
3B4A7492-B2AC-409A-8442-2EB03DCB01D0.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I learned tonight that my filament sensor is not working properly. I cut the filament to force a run out and the printer just kept on going instead of pausing and warning me that filament had ran out. So, looks like I’ll be taking the extrude apart to figure out why.

What kind of runout sensor is it? I have seen two types, I use none. I have seen a runout sensor that is similar to an endstop switch with a lever and an optical runout sensor.

That's a shame that it's a known issue. I always expected more from the prusa kits considering prusa made the cartesian style printers more recognizable and popular. I fuse my filaments together end to end when I believe it may run out mid print.

That's a shame that it's a known issue. I always expected more from the prusa kits considering prusa made the cartesian style printers more recognizable and popular. I fuse my filaments together end to end when I believe it may run out mid print.
Yeah I was a bit put off by that especially since this had been known for over a year now. I have found a few different fixes for it but haven’t tried them but what I’m surprised is that Prusa hasn’t released any fix for it.

A little update....

move been printing all the parts to build the MPCNC burly model. I know there is a new primo coming but I figured since I’m new to that it’ll be good to learn.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back