Kraton 3D printing parts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittrick

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Anyone have any success with 3D printing parts?

I have a printer and have seen some for the granite and trying them out.

This hobby gets expensive! Hahaha

Depends on the parts. Function parts like suspension arms will not hold up long. However, making wear parts like roof skids or aerodynamic parts like side skirts works well. Depends on the filament and design as well

Depends on the parts. Function parts like suspension arms will not hold up long. However, making wear parts like roof skids or aerodynamic parts like side skirts works well. Depends on the filament and design as well
Yes like dilly said. I have tried about every material out there. Just will not hold up. I I'm trying a new material that was rated to be the most impact resistant I already have Parts made just have not tested them yet but they are definitely not going to hold up like I'm hoping I can already tell just by feeling the structure and that's about the best impact resistant material areas

Anyone have any success with 3D printing parts?

I have a printer and have seen some for the granite and trying them out.

This hobby gets expensive! Hahaha
I 3d print some of my parts. I recently printed two tires and a bumper support. The tires took a day each though. :ROFLMAO:
Bumper.JPG

Yes was looking more towards roof protection, skids, and side skirts. I’ve seen some people have some cool parts 😊

I’m new to printing and have only printed a few items that @jondilly1974 has pointed out above. I’d like to print carbon nylon bits and pieces but need to upgrade to an all metal hot end and better nozzles that can handle the carbon.......in time I plan on doing this.

cheers,
kev

I’m new to printing and have only printed a few items that @jondilly1974 has pointed out above. I’d like to print carbon nylon bits and pieces but need to upgrade to an all metal hot end and better nozzles that can handle the carbon.......in time I plan on doing this.

cheers,
kev
Carbon nylon is too rigid and very brittle if you were printing for aerodynamics it would work great any kind of structural Integrity it cracks easily even with 100% infill

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back