3d printing. what would you like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avogev

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
aerospace engineer with a few 3D printers, one of them being a pretty high end SLA printer. does anyone have ideas theyd like to add to their car? i can design and print them for you if theyre interesting. ideas welcome. currently i created some cooling parts for my typhon, and a front spoiler/bumper. throw out ideas.

blh1hts.jpg

5E5Q2Jp.jpg

RDCePYK.jpg

Last edited:
aerospace engineer with a few 3D printers, one of them being a pretty high end SLA printer. does anyone have ideas theyd like to add to their car? i can design and print them for you if theyre interesting. ideas welcome. currently i created some cooling parts for my typhon, and a front spoiler/bumper. throw out ideas.
A replacement block for a T-Bone front bumper that keeps the hinge pin plate in place.

Throw some pics up, so we can see what your creations look like. Might give members more of an idea of what to expect and what they would like.

I've been thinking of getting a 3D printer, just don't want to get a cheapo. Definitely a great idea though.

blh1hts.jpg

5E5Q2Jp.jpg

RDCePYK.jpg
That's pretty cool... no pun intended. Might want to open up the hole in the body though to allow for some flex/twisting. What holds the top part onto the bottom part? Guessing you just use a dremel or something to cut slots for zipties.

Some sort of block/riser that we could screw down to the body "support" on the outcast with like 1/2" of space between the top of the block and the body to put some high density foam on for cushion. Why they thought just supporting the very lip of the truck bed of the body was enough, I'll never understand. All it does is cause the body to crack at the base of the windshield and rear window.

Every truck on the market should have support for the top of the cab. Why they don't have something just irritates me.

This is what I put on my outcast recently:
2019-0714-Outcast-BodyBraceRight.jpg

Wish the stock tower part was a bit further forward so the block didn't have to be so narrow. Still, it's better than nothing supporting the cab roof.

Last edited:
That's pretty cool... no pun intended. Might want to open up the hole in the body though to allow for some flex/twisting. What holds the top part onto the bottom part? Guessing you just use a dremel or something to cut slots for zipties.
Incorrect. The top part snaps into the body and becomes part of the shell. Then it just lines up with the motor fan mount. Definitely do not want to increase the hole since it’s designed to snap on there

Ah, so it just floats over it. I see. I was thinking the hood solid mounted to the fan. With all the flex the chassis/body does, that would mess up the body or the hood without allowing for it to move. Like a shaker hood scoop.

I've done a lot of parts for the Kraton Rover. But one part is universal. Simple gasket out of TPC Arnitel for the HR Gearbox Casing.

Pretty much done with the Infraction front end. Front and lower grills inserts. Headlights are (4) Mini-Maglite LED kits.

Really nice work. You blow me away with those designs and the precision you are after.:)(y)

What’s the best cheap (under $500) 3D printer to buy if someone wanted to make small parts for their own use? I’m not getting into the parts business, but just want to buy one to play with. Reviews say the Monoprice Voxel is decent for $330.

What’s the best cheap (under $500) 3D printer to buy if someone wanted to make small parts for their own use? I’m not getting into the parts business, but just want to buy one to play with. Reviews say the Monoprice Voxel is decent for $330.

the small cheap one ive used is the m3d micro+
i think under 300. ive had decent prints come out of it as long as you design with the printer in mind. as in, no complicated, organic shapes, no small details, no overhangs. the infraction bumper a few posts back would be impossible (it'll come out really crappy) on a cheap printer like that. for parts like that i use a form 2 printer.

So if I wanted to make a front splitter for a Typhon, what level of printer do I need minimum? Like I said, just messing around, not production quality.

So if I wanted to make a front splitter for a Typhon, what level of printer do I need minimum? Like I said, just messing around, not production quality.

if you design smart, keep it flat on the printing surface, the 300 dollar printer i mentioned will do fine. and select good material. carbon fiber has given me the most consistent success rate.

or just describe exactly what youre looking for and ill see what i can do.

if you design smart, keep it flat on the printing surface, the 300 dollar printer i mentioned will do fine. and select good material. carbon fiber has given me the most consistent success rate.

or just describe exactly what youre looking for and ill see what i can do.
I appreciate the offer, but it’s the experience that I’m after, not the product. I like designing, building, and breaking things. If I ever find something that I build is worthwhile of sharing, I would get a pro to print it, like yourself.

One thing I think that is missing from the Infraction are proper side-skirts, The lip also holds the body in place. Working on guards to keep down the amount of rubber that gets kicked into the chassis area.

One thing I think that is missing from the Infraction are proper side-skirts, The lip also holds the body in place. Working on guards to keep down the amount of rubber that gets kicked into the chassis area.

View attachment 44893

not a bad idea. if youd like, send me some dimensions, ill make something that has integrated wheel wells. plus some F1 car style underbody choke points would add to the downforce now that i think about it.

Created some side aero accents that contribute to downforce and make the car look a little better if you have a raised body and don't wanna see a gap on the bottom.

e0TvnM5.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back