3d printing. what would you like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Created some side aero accents that contribute to downforce and make the car look a little better if you have a raised body and don't wanna see a gap on the bottom.

e0TvnM5.jpg
I’m finding that PLA is super stiff. Would have thought it would give a little, but it’s like a brick. I’m guessing I need to buy some more filaments and experiment some.

this was printed with SLA resin. so its durable plastic type of material. can be printed out of stiff rubber even. this stuff is not in the same league as regular filament type printers. the part comes out like a flawless production quality piece.

few more angles

Hq7pEd4.jpg

side shot

hrfoD0a.jpg

Last edited:
this was printed with SLA resin. so its durable plastic type of material. can be printed out of stiff rubber even. this stuff is not in the same league as regular filament type printers. the part comes out like a flawless production quality piece.

few more angles

Hq7pEd4.jpg

side shot

hrfoD0a.jpg

That stuff amazes me. I remember when a printer drowned out the tv and had holes you had to remove, now you can print parts. I wonder if I'll be able to print a Twinkie in my lifetime.

few more angles

Hq7pEd4.jpg

side shot

hrfoD0a.jpg
Do you have an idea what filament would be best for me to try with a standard printer? It’s great you have access to the top of the line, but I’m stuck in reality ???

That stuff amazes me. I remember when a printer drowned out the tv and had holes you had to remove, now you can print parts. I wonder if I'll be able to print a Twinkie in my lifetime.
Why would you WANT to? ??‍♂️

Do you have an idea what filament would be best for me to try with a standard printer? It’s great you have access to the top of the line, but I’m stuck in reality ???
i generally had amazing luck with carbon fiber filament. they replaced it recently with this carbon PETG one and its not as good but still better than the usual ABS ive tried. https://store.printm3d.com/pages/filaments

PLA seems fine for non-impact items, but for bumpers or other items that need to flex some, I am thinking of trying some nylon. I also have some ideas for non-RC items that I want to make out of TPU, so I think I will get a spool if that too.

few more angles

Hq7pEd4.jpg

side shot

hrfoD0a.jpg
I've been looking at making my own RC version of the Batmobile. This is as close to what I have in mind as it gets to be honest. Just change out the red parts for black or yellow and slap on some Batman decals and of course some more appropriate tires.

few more angles

Hq7pEd4.jpg

side shot

hrfoD0a.jpg
Could you pass the STL, please?

I would love an intake/blower motor for my Senton 6s-based Mad Max Project. I bought this one but it is on the small side: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/GRC-3D-PLA-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649.

Description says it is for 1:10 or 1:8 but it is small and I would say it is appropriate for 1:10. I am looking for something closer to 1:8.

I have access to a 3D printer so would be willing to buy just the file but I am not sure if the printer can print in SLA as opposed to normal filament...so maybe I would be interested in the print and ship. Definitely serious!!

aerospace engineer with a few 3D printers, one of them being a pretty high end SLA printer. does anyone have ideas theyd like to add to their car? i can design and print them for you if theyre interesting. ideas welcome. currently i created some cooling parts for my typhon, and a front spoiler/bumper. throw out ideas.
Would you be willing to make a drag wing for the infraction?

I would love an intake/blower motor for my Senton 6s-based Mad Max Project. I bought this one but it is on the small side:
See attached for supercharger .stl I had still, can't remember where I got it. It's 1/10 scale but you can just resize it to your liking. Hope it's what you had in mind.

Attachments

• 1-10 scale supercharger.zip
    285.7 KB · Views: 107
See attached for supercharger .stl I had still, can't remember where I got it. It's 1/10 scale but you can just resize it to your liking. Hope it's what you had in mind.
Thanks so much!
Here is another one I would be extremely interested in... See attached images. Looking for a 1:8 scale driver for my Senton Mad Max project. Pictured Capt America figure is 1:6 and too big. I am having no look finding a 1:8 scale driver preferably without a helmet.

Any 3D print options?

Attachments

• 20200413_113958.jpg
    20200413_113958.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200413_113954.jpg
    20200413_113954.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 46
sure thing i could make that. send me more details if youre serious. can pass up on making an extra few bucks these days.
I hear that! Don't have a picture handy. However it would be a pro stock style wing off the back and not like an open wheel car type, or a top fuel setup if that helps any. And I'm completely new to 3d printing.i assume it's a plastic of some type? And a basic price point would help me as well. But it would be great to have something unique that is made by an individual and not a firm. I try and stay as small business as I can with modding the car I have. I like it that way. So please stay in touch! I'd love to hear your ideas.
Greg.

Thanks so much!
Here is another one I would be extremely interested in... See attached images. Looking for a 1:8 scale driver for my Senton Mad Max project. Pictured Capt America figure is 1:6 and too big. I am having no look finding a 1:8 scale driver preferably without a helmet.

Any 3D print options?
best i can do for something like this is find one that you like and modify it but the arms would not move. so youd need to decide on a permanent resting pose.

best i can do for something like this is find one that you like and modify it but the arms would not move. so youd need to decide on a permanent resting pose.
Fixed arms would not be an issue...The pictures that I attached previously are how I would prefer the arms but not a must. Are you saying that you could find a model file and modify the arms to my preferred position or you would only be able to modify the size? Definitely interested either way.

Last edited:
id be able to do both. pm me we could figure something out
Fixed arms would not be an issue...The pictures that I attached previously are how I would prefer the arms but not a must. Are you saying that you could find a model file and modify the arms to my preferred position or you would only be able to modify the size? Definitely interested either way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back