3mm hex needed for Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipSide

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Vorteks
I have a set of Dynamite hex drivers and I am considering buying the MIP 9512 SpeedTips to work on my RCs. It seems to me the SpeedTips are really nice tools to have.

The basic MIP kit contains 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5mm bits. The 3mm is available separately.

I have a Granite Mega and a Kraton 6S. Am I right to think the 3mm is useless for me? I haven't disassembled my cars completely (yet), but I did not see any 3mm hex anywhere.

As a side note, my Dynamite Hex drivers are still fairly new, but I have to say they are better than I thought. Should I expect them to crap out rapidly and have to replace them?

Thanks!

I have a set of Dynamite hex drivers and I am considering buying the MIP 9512 SpeedTips to work on my RCs. It seems to me the SpeedTips are really nice tools to have.

The basic MIP kit contains 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5mm bits. The 3mm is available separately.

I have a Granite Mega and a Kraton 6S. Am I right to think the 3mm is useless for me? I haven't disassembled my cars completely (yet), but I did not see any 3mm hex anywhere.

As a side note, my Dynamite Hex drivers are still fairly new, but I have to say they are better than I thought. Should I expect them to crap out rapidly and have to replace them?

Thanks!
You’ll use the 2.0 and 2.5 the most. I’m not sure a 1.5 or 3.0 are even needed unless you have the K8S.

Thanks!

I have the 3mm but don't use it as often as I thought. The standard set of three MIP speed bits is a good start and I can't remember where I used the 3mm but I have used it for RC.

I don't have the Dynamite set but I can't see why you'd need to replace it until it starts rounding. I have a cheaper set that I keep in an on-location kit and the MIP drivers and speed bits stay in the shop.

I have the 3mm but don't use it as often as I thought. The standard set of three MIP speed bits is a good start and I can't remember where I used the 3mm but I have used it for RC.

I don't have the Dynamite set but I can't see why you'd need to replace it until it starts rounding. I have a cheaper set that I keep in an on-location kit and the MIP drivers and speed bits stay in the shop.
The only time I use the 1.5 is to clean mud out of 2.0 and 2.5 heads. The only time I’ve used a 3.0 is to pry the power module out of the chassis.

The only time I use the 1.5 is to clean mud out of 2.0 and 2.5 heads. The only time I’ve used a 3.0 is to pry the power module out of the chassis.
the 1.5-2.5 come as a set of three. I may have used the 1.5 on some wltoys trucks or quads I have. ?‍♂️

So funny…I had this exact same question! By the way, that Dynamite set is the BEST set ever! Those MIP drivers are tough as nails.

Yup. 1.5mm is used on some of the set screws, like the sway bars, and I think the shock pin set screws.

3mm, I can't think of anywhere it is used, but 5mm is needed for the pillow ball caps.

Yup. 1.5mm is used on some of the set screws, like the sway bars, and I think the shock pin set screws.

3mm, I can't think of anywhere it is used, but 5mm is needed for the pillow ball caps.
I'm looking everywhere for this 3mm screw now lol

I know I pulled out the 3mm for SOMETHING.... but what?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back