3rd BLX100 esc. Same issue.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first got mine one cut out at 4V per cell Senton, and 3.85 on granite, did reset and they stayed the same. Just did reset again, on Senton/big rock now, 4th time and it worked to 3.5 vpc but lost reverse, recalibrated radio and still couldn’t get reverse. I do have several hobbywing programming cards from my crawlers and it showed reverse was selected. Did reset again and got reverse working but it now cuts out at 3.8 vpc. Ran a couple packs through each time. All test were with power hobby 3s 5000mah 50 c batteries running 2 in parallel xt60 to ec5 y adapter 10 gauge wire, they run down to 3.5 vpc in my other 3s blx just fine. Did not try resetting granite again as it will only use 2s for a while, might try again sometime later. 2 of the trucks I have are for my kids so 2 s is plenty.

Definitely issues that you may get a lucky reset and the stars will align and everything works.

If at first you don’t succeed, try try again.

When I first got mine one cut out at 4V per cell Senton, and 3.85 on granite, did reset and they stayed the same. Just did reset again, on Senton/big rock now, 4th time and it worked to 3.5 vpc but lost reverse, recalibrated radio and still couldn’t get reverse. I do have several hobbywing programming cards from my crawlers and it showed reverse was selected. Did reset again and got reverse working but it now cuts out at 3.8 vpc. Ran a couple packs through each time. All test were with power hobby 3s 5000mah 50 c batteries running 2 in parallel xt60 to ec5 y adapter 10 gauge wire, they run down to 3.5 vpc in my other 3s blx just fine. Did not try resetting granite again as it will only use 2s for a while, might try again sometime later. 2 of the trucks I have are for my kids so 2 s is plenty.

Definitely issues that you may get a lucky reset and the stars will align and everything works.

If at first you don’t succeed, try try again.
Interesting

Get the hobbywing max10 sct 120 esc and call it a day! My sons brcc went thru 3 blx100’s before I upgraded it. He broke that too but it was great while it lasted lol

So I got a arrma granite BLX with the 100blx esc. I’m using 60c awanfi 3s lipo’s with deans to Ec5 connectors.

After running it a few times the vehicle would go into low voltage slowpoke mode if I ran it hard for about 10-15 seconds. (Like a speed run).
I had the same issue with both batteries with fully charged batteries so I sent the truck back and was given a replacement. Same issue. I talked to arrma support and they sent me a new BLX 100 esc thinking maybe my replacement truck was from the same batch as the first. Again the same issue.

I’ve used 4 different NEW deans to Ec5 connectors, 2 different NEW awanfi lipo’s (charged and balanced) and 3 different blx100 esc’s. Am I missing something here? Is it normal for a truck to go into low voltage slowpoke mode if you run it hard for 10-15 seconds? Awanfi 3s 60c batteries seem to have great reviews. My only other thought was perhaps the Ec5 to deans connector converters are the issue. Any help as to what I should try next would be appreciated.
I had this same issue when I first got my typhon 3s. My issue was the deans connector. It does not allow enough current flow at maximum draw due to too much resistance. If I zip tied the plugs together the issue would not happen as often. I have now switched to xt90 connectors since they have the most surface area and allow for maximum current draw. I have not had this problem since.

I too am on my third one. I sent back two and now they are updating the firmware instead of sending replacements or blx120. Will see if it fixed the issue.

I too am on my third one. I sent back two and now they are updating the firmware instead of sending replacements or blx120. Will see if it fixed the issue.
Hmm ? sounds like they figured out it was a firmware issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back