Kraton 3rd Party Parts - Don't Fit Properly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brker

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Added a TBone front Bumper (see attached). You can see that i'm just running it with the pins exposed.

Also replaced rear a arms with RPMs - as you can see attached, you cannot add the metal red piece back or it wont fit correctly. Why are these 3 party products off - they don't fit properly? Is it because this is a Kraton v3?

IMG_0093.JPG
IMG_0094.JPG
IMG_0095.JPG

YES. The V3 has a few tweeks that have affected the way some after market parts fit.

On my V1 Outcast the rear Rpm A Arms hit my bulkhead Rpm told me to sand them down so they cleared. They also stated that Arrma switched to a new manufacturer since they initially made these parts. I also noticed that since I have upgraded to the V3 bulkheads that if I tighten down the two screws that hold that plate down on the rear it causes the a arms to bind, I have to leave it in there loose.
nPEk9KNl.jpg

A0xyoYAl.jpg

4mjuKTUl.jpg

Added a TBone front Bumper (see attached). You can see that i'm just running it with the pins exposed.

Also replaced rear a arms with RPMs - as you can see attached, you cannot add the metal red piece back or it wont fit correctly. Why are these 3 party products off - they don't fit properly? Is it because this is a Kraton v3?
Pic below is what is did to resolve the front bumper issue. Piece of metal with some holes drilled in it for the screws, plus some nuts for spacers.

View attachment 14260 View attachment 14261 View attachment 14262
20171223_153038.jpg

I have a V3 and managed to fit the rear RPM A-Arms just fine, took a little persuading at first but when you get the angle just right get past the dog bone drive cup it fit's fine, no issues.

I also see fitting a T-bone / RPM bumper to the V3 requires some modification of the stop bumper as it now has a skid plate which interferes with the aftermarket items - for the RPM bumper i have i just removed the skid plate of the stock bumper and it fit fine.

Yep as other have said it's going to take a little while for the aftermarket companies to adapt parts for these changes, the new kraton hasn't been out very long. Also keep in mind the V3 kraton not only has a new bumper but the gearcase is different (where the aftermarket bumpers brace up against), shock package, etc... I've been in contact with tbone and know they are working on it as well.

That being said there's a few solutions posted in another thread to at least make the tbone bumper work on while keeping something over the pins. I'd be nervous of those things coming free on a rough landing or something.

Surprisingly or unsurprisingly, I've done some harsh bashing and its been stable. I'll have to rig something up eventually.

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that TBR will have parts for the 2018 V3 Kraton coming out in January!
We'll have a couple of styles and will make sure everything fits properly with no modification required.

-TBR

Thank you - Will you have a mod for folks who recently purchased a bumper? I purchased a few weeks ago and still do not have a viable solution unless I craft something.

Thank you - Will you have a mod for folks who recently purchased a bumper? I purchased a few weeks ago and still do not have a viable solution unless I craft something.

I believe we will make an aftermarket hingepin cover which will allow you to mount the thrasher bumper without the stock bumper which should clear up the mounting problems for that bumper.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back