Granite 3rd Spur gear in a row .. help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoli

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I am new and need help.. the Spur gear went out.. thing was running like a champ for weeks, then its just started making a terrible noise, and shredded the spur gear, bought a slipper clutch assembly but it and and it tore the gear apart instantly. replaced that Spur gear and loosened it like it says.. backed off 540 from tight.. same thing.. toasted the gear instantly.. what am I doing wrong..

I am new and need help.. the Spur gear went out.. thing was running like a champ for weeks, then its just started making a terrible noise, and shredded the spur gear, bought a slipper clutch assembly but it and and it tore the gear apart instantly. replaced that Spur gear and loosened it like it says.. backed off 540 from tight.. same thing.. toasted the gear instantly.. what am I doing wrong..
Your motor mount might be bent. If it is it will cause the pinion to be connection with the spur gear at an angle. It will strip out way eaiser like that. If the mount is bent, you don't need to buy another one. Just put it in a vise and smush it flat again.

Use washers on the motor mount screws and a little blue loctite. If you don’t understand the mesh for the pinion and spur use the paper trick. Basically you insert a small strip of paper between the gears, smoosh them together sighted the motor mounts and then remove the paper. An even easier solution is buy the v2 motor plate that has the holes pre-drilled.....perfect mesh every time.
Use washers on the motor mount screws and a little blue loctite. If you don’t understand the mesh for the pinion and spur use the paper trick. Basically you insert a small strip of paper between the gears, smoosh them together sighted the motor mounts and then remove the paper. An even easier solution is buy the v2 motor plate that has the holes pre-drilled.....perfect mesh every time.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310874

Your motor mount might be bent. If it is it will cause the pinion to be connection with the spur gear at an angle. It will strip out way eaiser like that. If the mount is bent, you don't need to buy another one. Just put it in a vise and smush it flat s

thank you.. I will give that a shot..

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310874
I think I will buy the v2 motor plate.

Mesh too tight

well.. that sure has to be it.. I took the plate off and its bent and twisted a little.. how does that happen.. Its clearly the issue.. the mesh point was way too tight and not straight.

My plate bent also and chewed through a couple spurs....the plate bends from the force of the motor flexin up and down on the plastic housing. Caused from jumps and bumps. Once they bend they are weakened from there on. Replaced mine with hot racing plate. M2c just brought out there reinforced Plate setup that is pretty nice...but it's pricey. Good luck and hope you get it going.👍

M2C plate is 70 bucks last I checked.

Never had that issue with the v2 fixed motor plate.....maybe the extra slots make it weaker. the m2c mount is very nice but $$$$$.

I put 3m backed foam bumper pads under my motor can to help with the moment. Maybe it will do some good. The slipper housing seems to get some moment in it after run for a while. I fly my typhon like a bird sometimes so I guess that's pretty hard on the it.

M2C plate is 70 bucks last I checked.
i went ahead and got a new M2C plate.. works greats. also bought the metal spur gear.. actually think I might have set the slipper a little loose but thats ok.. I can tighten up a bit.. thanks for the help..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back