3s 5400 mah battery only charging to 2233mah capacity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Dusty-

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
Charged up my new batteries this morning and set it to 3s lipo 5400 mah at 5.4a charge

Now its finished charging my charger says the capacity of both batteries are 2266mah. Did I get some bad batteries?

EDIT: Nvm. The 2266mah is the capacity delivered to the battery during the charge.

Attachments

• IMG_0104.JPG
    IMG_0104.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
That is how much it took to bring them back up to fully charged. Since you should never run lipos down to zero, they will never take the full 5400. As long as each cell is at 4.2 volts after a full charge, you have nothing to worry about.

Also make sure the timer isn't set for less than the amount of time it will take to charge them. I have mine set at something silly like 300 minutes just so it doesn't shut down before they are charged.

What Paultro84 said^. Additionally, all LiPo batteries are sent out from the factory with half a charge, give or take, for storage purposes. If your charger has a "storage charge" feature, you'll find that when you use it it gta the batteries roughly up to half charged. They recommend charging this way if your batteries are going to sit for awhile (weeks plus unused).

So I did a run after that charge. Does the car drain most of the mah capacity when its used? Now I am recharging this morning and noticing the mah capacity being delivered to this charge is pretty close to the 5400 mah capacity of the battery itself

So I did a run after that charge. Does the car drain most of the mah capacity when its used? Now I am recharging this morning and noticing the mah capacity being delivered to this charge is pretty close to the 5400 mah capacity of the battery itself

I hardly ever pay attention to MAH when charging my lipos. The volts per cell is what's mainly important. Don't let them get below 3.2 volts per cell and don't let them go above 4.2 volts per cell.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back