Typhon 3s and 6s Christmas presents broken already

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullthrottle

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
For Christmas I bought my son the 3s and my self the 6s.
questions please ( mind you I haven’t played with these cars since they came in a box of a million pieces and you had to put it ALL together)
1)Why does every one say up grade the radio? for what we are doing it seems perfect.
2) day 2 the 3s chassis is cracked in half seems that happens a lot new one is on order but there’s not stronger version?
3)6s needs tires already after two day running on snow grass ice they are slicks and recommendations so I not putting new sneakers on them every other day?
For right out of the box and the price these things are awesome.
thanks in advance
Once I learn more of this I’ll post pictures of the carnage

1. The current stock radio's have massive lag. The previous Tactic brand did not. Get a flysky gt3b.
2. The 3s versions arent as tough, you gotta play a bit nicer with it. I'm sure someone will chime in about the upgrades for it. May or may not be one.
3. What vehicle do you have. you just say 6s. kraton/outcast/mojave/talion/felony/infraction so on lol. The outcast / notorious tires really don't wear at all, youll blow them up before they wear out lol. they grip hard though and it puts a lot on the ring/input gears in the diff.

My apologies im getting used to this I bought is the typhons. That was just two days of use on snow ice grass. I’m going to rebuild his back to stock for now. The new chassis will be here monday

image.jpg

Those tires don't last long. I had a typhon for almost 2 years.

https://www.amazon.com/JIUWU-4PCS-G...d=1&keywords=17mm+tires&qid=1609032787&sr=8-5

There are a couple variations of these tires, I've used 3 different brands and colors. Great tires, not just for the money. BUT ALSO FOR THE MONEY lol

$25 and prime so fast delivery
20201223_200035.jpg

They just need glued, use proper CA glue or just super/gorilla. Either works great

Thank you ill look into all that. I can’t believe the radio is 30 bucks on Amazon I remember paying 100s’ of dollars for one back in the day .

Thank you ill look into all that. I can’t believe the radio is 30 bucks on Amazon I remember paying 100s’ of dollars for one back in the day .
Heck I had a gt3b almost 15 years ago. Still the same and same price. :)

Currently I use a Radiolink RC4GS. Both of these also have dirt cheap RX's. The radiolink has a gyro and is a bit more updated than the gt3b or gt3c.

20201226_204800.jpg

I've had the my 6S V5 Typhon for about a month now

1)Why does every one say up grade the radio? for what we are doing it seems perfect.

The radio that came with my car (SLT3) works for me as well

3)6s needs tires already after two day running on snow grass ice

I have a set of street tires for the street and I'm still running the stock mud tires on grass fields, I still have tread left on mine, maybe snow/snow ice is more abrasive than grass or more wheel spin is needed in the snow or both

You will go through tires depending on battery size, surface and throttle

I've had the my 6S V5 Typhon for about a month now

The radio that came with my car (SLT3) works for me as well

3)6s needs tires already after two day running on snow grass ice

I have a set of street tires for the street and I'm still running the stock mud tires on grass fields, I still have tread left on mine, maybe snow/snow ice is more abrasive than grass or more wheel spin is needed in the snow or both

You will go through tires depending on battery size, surface and throttle
When they say upgrade ur controller they mean on the v4 line. Witch was very slow. And the v5 comes with new one that is ok. I don't get very good range with it. But better then the v4

When they say upgrade ur controller they mean on the v4 line. Witch was very slow. And the v5 comes with new one that is ok. I don't get very good range with it. But better then the v4
I thought it was just me, but yea. The range isn't very good on the v5.

TBH the issue with the v4s is really weird, I've used spectrum radios for the better part of 20 years it seems like. Mainly for flying planes and helis. Never once have I had a short range Spectrum, usually they are a better option than most. Obviously just a fluke. Surprises the heck outta me.

I have both the 3s and 6s Typhons myself. I have not broken a thing on my 3s, and have driven it pretty hard and had some pretty hard crashes. It's surprisingly tough. How did you snap the chassis in half? You must be getting some serious air to do that! The 6s will eat up tires quickly if you are running full speed on a 6s lipo, even moreso if you use the optional "speed gear" pinion. You can try going down to 4s on it to curb some of that bite, which is what I'm doing with mine. I have not experienced any issues so far with the transmitters on either of mine, but I have heard A LOT of people have, so I may upgrade those in the near future to avoid issues down the road.

I have both the 3s and 6s Typhons myself. I have not broken a thing on my 3s, and have driven it pretty hard and had some pretty hard crashes. It's surprisingly tough. How did you snap the chassis in half? You must be getting some serious air to do that! The 6s will eat up tires quickly if you are running full speed on a 6s lipo, even moreso if you use the optional "speed gear" pinion. You can try going down to 4s on it to curb some of that bite, which is what I'm doing with mine. I have not experienced any issues so far with the transmitters on either of mine, but I have heard A LOT of people have, so I may upgrade those in the near future to avoid issues down the road.
On the 3s typhon my son launched it off a snow bank and when it came down it cracked the upper strut tower snapped the chassis in half and blew the drive shaft support bearing up. I didn’t think it was a bad crash. I have read people talking about the composite being brittle in the cold. As far as the battery’s on the 6s i mostly run a single 3s 50c battery I did run the duel set up once or twice all on the stock gear.

I was about to mention that. Cold makes plastics break a lot easier. Esp extreme cold. I shattered an A-Arm easy the other day and it was only 15 degrees out, I run in much colder.

On the 3s typhon my son launched it off a snow bank and when it came down it cracked the upper strut tower snapped the chassis in half and blew the drive shaft support bearing up. I didn’t think it was a bad crash. I have read people talking about the composite being brittle in the cold. As far as the battery’s on the 6s i mostly run a single 3s 50c battery I did run the duel set up once or twice all on the stock gear.
Ah, that makes sense. I live in Arizona. We are still in the 70s here. Haven't tried running my 6s on one of the 3s batteries...how did that run?

Ah, that makes sense. I live in Arizona. We are still in the 70s here. Haven't tried running my 6s on one of the 3s batteries...how did that run?
That’s how I ran it for a while till figured out It was made to run on two. Granted no where near as fast but still tons of fun a flys. Get close to 30-45 mins on 100% hammering the throttle. I have no complaints on the 6s. Still learning I have new tires coming in from
Amazon today was surprised it was same day delivery so I’ll try it out

That’s how I ran it for a while till figured out It was made to run on two. Granted no where near as fast but still tons of fun a flys. Get close to 30-45 mins on 100% hammering the throttle. I have no complaints on the 6s. Still learning I have new tires coming in from
Amazon today was surprised it was same day delivery so I’ll try it out
Nice. Which tires did you go with? My two 3s batteries won't fit together and still allow the body to go on. 6s was a bit much for me, so I ordered a 4s battery. Waiting for it to arrive still.

Duratrax Lockup 1:8 Scale RC Buggy Tires with Foam Inserts, C2 Soft Compound, Mounted on Black Wheels they were same day delivery and 30 bucks for 4. My hobby shop is closed and my son is dying to play some more.​

Duratrax Lockup 1:8 Scale RC Buggy Tires with Foam Inserts, C2 Soft Compound, Mounted on Black Wheels they were same day delivery and 30 bucks for 4. My hobby shop is closed and my son is dying to play some more.​

What??? I ordered those from Amazon and they were twice that price, and took several days to get here! Do you have a link to the ones you ordered?

What??? I ordered those from Amazon and they were twice that price, and took several days to get here! Do you have a link to the ones you
When I go back to the link the delivery time and price has changed. Hopefully I’ll see them today at the price I saw. Amazon good for that.

Plastic does seem to break easier in the cold weather. Makes it more fragile. If I run mine in the cold i keep it on the ground and just race around the yard or do street runs. The 1/8 scale and bigger arrmas have an aluminium chassis that if you have a hard enough impact will bend the chassis and is not fun bending it back then replacing the center diff that cracks (replaced with metal cup) and puting new spur and pinion in the rear which bent 3 teeth. That's why I chose the typhon 3s over the 6s. For the plastic chassis. I have a notorious 6s and keeping it on grass if bashing and the typhon 3s on the ground when below 40-45° or colder.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back