Typhon 3s and 6s Christmas presents broken already

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 3s is great for my 9 year old son to beat up learn how to fix and rebuild just kinda wish the chassis didn’t snap the second day. As far as the 6s goes for me it’s great . I think both these cars are great for direct out of the box ready to take a beating I have no complaints at all. In the past three days we have beaten these things up probably charged the battery’s over a dozen times. Last time I played with these you had to buy everything separately and you had to fully assemble the car.

1. The current stock radio's have massive lag. The previous Tactic brand did not. Get a flysky gt3b.
2. The 3s versions arent as tough, you gotta play a bit nicer with it. I'm sure someone will chime in about the upgrades for it. May or may not be one.
3. What vehicle do you have. you just say 6s. kraton/outcast/mojave/talion/felony/infraction so on lol. The outcast / notorious tires really don't wear at all, youll blow them up before they wear out lol. they grip hard though and it puts a lot on the ring/input gears in the diff.
Question are there any radios out there that would give me live data such as temps and what not? I seen something about a app you can download but there’s not much information on what you need to use it

Question are there any radios out there that would give me live data such as temps and what not? I seen something about a app you can download but there’s not much information on what you need to
Temps on the motor youll have to use a temp gun anyway. You can get some data telemetry and battery voltage
The “dash board app” lists temperature that’s why I asked. I can’t find any information on how or what is needed to set it up. Would any brand radio give I live data as you listed or just the spektrum brand

Yes but you still need to buy stuff, highly doubt it does it on its own. Thats more what I meant. Can always buy and mount a sensor for whatever your needs are, any decent aftermarket radio will have this option. I was thinking you meant is there one that just does it out of the box.

I just google that app. You do need this.

TM1500 Telemetry Module​

SPM6742

Note: In order to fully utilize the Spektrum Dashboard application, you must own the following items;

- Optional Bluetooth Module (SPM6741)

- Spektrum DX2E Actve 2-channel transmitter (SPM2335* only). The system is not backwards compatible with previous versions of the DX2E transmitter.

- Spektrum DSMR telemetry RPM sensor w/bullets (SPMA9560)

- Spektrum DSMR telemetry equipped receiver or TM1500 telemetry module (SPM6742)

The app is available for iOS operating systems. Just look for it in the app store for your device.

Last edited:
For Christmas I bought my son the 3s and my self the 6s.
questions please ( mind you I haven’t played with these cars since they came in a box of a million pieces and you had to put it ALL together)
1)Why does every one say up grade the radio? for what we are doing it seems perfect.
2) day 2 the 3s chassis is cracked in half seems that happens a lot new one is on order but there’s not stronger version?
3)6s needs tires already after two day running on snow grass ice they are slicks and recommendations so I not putting new sneakers on them every other day?
For right out of the box and the price these things are awesome.
thanks in advance
Once I learn more of this I’ll post pictures of the carnage
Upgrade to the Spektrum DXC5 remote and you will be a happy!!

questions please ( mind you I haven’t played with these cars since they came in a box of a million pieces and you had to put it ALL together)
1)Why does every one say up grade the radio? for what we are doing it seems perfect.
2) day 2 the 3s chassis is cracked in half seems that happens a lot new one is on order but there’s not stronger version?
3)6s needs tires already after two day running on snow grass ice they are slicks and recommendations so I not putting new sneakers on them every other day?
thanks in advance

New car, New conditions and handlings.

Always start at 50% throttle speed.
Run like this 5 packs.

Change all oils now.
Go 75% throttle speed.

If you handle this well.
Go 100%

Use always Dirtguards. Cooling-Fans and other things needs to be protected from small stones

Secure everything you can before nasty speed and dirtruns is the secret:
You have two choices here.

1: Take 100% care and protect your rig with extra protections
2: Go stock and you need replace alot parts.

Do what you like. I don't care.

Option 2:
If you do it this way, you will have alot more fun and less problems.

You choose self now

thanks in advance
I guess I'm going to be captain obvious lol but when its cold stuff breaks ? bet it was fun though ?

I guess I'm going to be captain obvious lol but when its cold stuff breaks ? bet it was fun thoug b h
I can’t say for sure could be the weather could be drivers but from what I have read here and other pages this chassis is snapping on the first run or two based on availability as well I would assume there may be another problem. Granted my son wasn’t taking it was when it snapped but if you wanna play you gotta pay.

I like the belted 2.8 badlands on my offroad typhon. I had bought the buggy badlands but with the larger rocks on my road it would get kicked around a little. They are on my granite voltage now hahaha. On road I like the silver hoons or grp's in s7 so i get a decent life out of them and they will drift around a little better.

@fullthrottle, RC Plastics shatter like glass during very cold ambients. Been that way with RC forever. I rarely run my rigs in freezing temps nor do I like getting them wet. They are not truly water resistant. And all the BB's rust out pretty quick. Electrics will corrode out crap out sooner or later, sometimes down the road. and you will wonder why. At least HH has a 2 year warranty. ?
The 3S plastic chassis is here to stay. Unfortunately due to its price point. You got what you paid for.
The Typhon 6s tires wear out ultra fast. If you run on pavement or asphalt they get whipped right away. Always been that way. Change to a different brand/ type buggy tire and you will be fine.
What??? I ordered those from Amazon and they were twice that price, and took several days to get here! Do you have a link to the ones you ordered?

Yeah Amazon will rape you at times. Some sellers are unscrupulous and love to mark up over SRP. Sometimes more than MRP List. When stuff is on B/O every where else. They hoard parts and unleash them when there are none to be had. Some call it price gouging. Some call it supply and demand. Still sucks no matter what.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back