3s Arrma metal spur vs. hot racing metal spur

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
Well, I got them both. Also got metal pads for the hot racing one. I’ve not run metal spurs in any of my 3s cars so far…but the vorteks Thing and Old Yeller have become powerful so it is time. The Arrma spur will go in the vorteks and hot racing in Old Yeller, along with cvds and metal rear diffs for both cars.

Any hints from those that run either already? I know someone was running the metal spur pads, allowing for more slipping to help with drivetrain strain on a car hopped up to 4s…but forget who. So yeah, educate me please!

i believe the metal spur needs an extra slipper pad due to the metal spur being a bit slimmer
Only the Arrma one does. There are two versions of the Hot racing, one for 3s and one for 4s line.

Only the Arrma one does. There are two versions of the Hot racing, one for 3s and one for 4s line.
Noticed that and went with the 3s one, it seems a bit beefier and I’m not worried about weight so much with old Yeller. The other ones designated 3s/4s and was drilled out more for weight savings I figured.

7A7758F8-12CC-4999-BD4E-7ECF59ACCB11.png

So the hot racing one takes 3 slipper pads?

Noticed that and went with the 3s one, it seems a bit beefier and I’m not worried about weight so much with old Yeller. The other ones designated 3s/4s and was drilled out more for weight savings I figured.

View attachment 214081

So the hot racing one takes 3 slipper pads?
Yes, Hot racing one uses the stock amount of slipper pads ( I think 3) in my Senton 3s.

Pretty happy with mine so far.

Yes, Hot racing one uses the stock amount of slipper pads ( I think 3) in my Senton 3s.

Pretty happy with mine so far.
Have you ever run the aluminum pads?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back