Big Rock 3S Battery Fault

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmer101

Reaction score
Hi hope your all doing great.

I have a problem with one of my 3s lipo batterys..

The charger flashes '2s' and refuses to charge . My other battery's charge fine.

Turns out rather than using a EC5 to deans connector adaptor I was using a EC5 - deans cable which got to hot. So hot in fact the deans male plugs were still stuck in the female socket of the battery in question.

So anyway I removed the deans plugs with pliers and though all good but apparently not ?

Have I nuked the battery ? The battery is practically new.

Are you going to say that it needs a new female deans soldered on to it ? I am not good with solder irons.

Hope to talk soon and take care.

James

Yes, you nuked the battery. There are hacks to try and get more life out of it, but they aren't safe, especially when you don't have experience. Using an adaptor with a lead doesn't matter though...so that wasn't the cause. Sounds like there was a short somewhere.

Check that you didn't chew up one of the balance leads or cause one to become detached as that will result in that problem when the charger tries to autodetect the number of cells in the pack.

If you can get a hold of small battery checker you'll be able to filter through each cell and it'll tell you the voltage of each cell. If it only shows 2 cells that means you fried one of the cells and the battery is now bye bye lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back