Notorious 3S battery not working on a 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakeaowen15

Reaction score
I have a Notorious 6S BLX V4, and I have 2-3s Spektrum 5000Mah 30c batteries, and when I want to try it with a single 3S battery but when I try to run a single 3s, my car doesn’t turn on. I’ve tried both IC5 ports with the battery but still doesn’t turn on. Also don’t know if this matters but the battery’s themself have a EC3 connector, and I run an IC3 to IC5 adapter bc the car input is an IC5?!

You would need to purchase or make the factory loop that came with the rig.. connect positive to negative.. simple..👍

Screenshot_20230110-133817.png

Also didnt the Spektrum Esc wanted a minimum of 50C battery?
Maybe for best performance but it’ll work on most any C rating. Besides, as pointed out on the forum before, C rating is not a uniform rating system. It’s whatever the marketing department wants it to be lol.

then why wont my 6s mojave run on 3s, it runs on 4s just fine

Couldn't tell ya why yours won't run besides weak battery.. but you can't tell me it doesn't power it on ..😉

Screenshot_20230110-161639.png

Hi, this normal. You can’t run on 3s on your ESC. You have the BLX , right? The new spektrum stuff runs on 3s though. (I too have a v4 6s vehicle)

Hi, this normal. You can’t run on 3s on your ESC. You have the BLX , right? The new spektrum stuff runs on 3s though. (I too have a v4 6s vehicle)

Blx 185 ran on 3s as well..🤷..

Screenshot_20230110-162758.png

My experience: tried 3s a few times on the Spektrum 150a (6s) that I swapped into my 4s OCv2, always had problems... they say it can run on 3s but I don't think so, it's acts like it's not enough voltage, hesitates real bad on take off, etc... 4,5,6s all work fine

I run 3s on both my BLX185 and my new Spectrum stuff and its fine. Don't know where guys are getting that it does not run on 3s, that worries me since its captain obvious info out there. Do you or anyone close have a pair of 3s batteries with 50c or better you can try? Senton Prime is correct you should have the loop in the packaging. If you wanna try it out just get a wire and connect the two sides of the connector on one of the ESC leads. Obviously without a loop it will not turn on as the circuit is not completed. Hope that makes sense.

I run 3s on both my BLX185 and my new Spectrum stuff and its fine. Don't know where guys are getting that it does not run on 3s, that worries me since its captain obvious info out there. Do you or anyone close have a pair of 3s batteries with 50c or better you can try? Senton Prime is correct you should have the loop in the packaging. If you wanna try it out just get a wire and connect the two sides of the connector on one of the ESC leads. Obviously without a loop it will not turn on as the circuit is not completed. Hope that makes sense.

Agreed, I've never had an issue with 3s actually running on either esc.. it's slow as death.. may as well have a cord attached to it.. But they do run on 3s..

I would assume the guy's chiming in saying it won't work have some steeper gearing causing the cogging and shutdowns.. 👍

I was running 14/57 on a 4s truck and tried 3 different times with 2 different batteries and it wanted nothing to do with it... didn't change anything except switching to a 4s battery and it ran perfect so I don't know, maybe some black magic, just sharing my experience 🤷‍♂️

In the manual for my v5 Notorious it's says 4-6S. Have tested mine on 3S and it runs but I don't think it's recommended. I wouldn't do that.

Buddy ran his 6S Typhon on 3S, no problem at all. Perhaps a little slow..

Office Sloth GIF by Disney Zootopia

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back