3s blx diff leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dam cel phone. I only watch the new posts that pop up. Haven't actually gone through the forum main page except to create a new thread. Time for a reset, and remember to stay out of 3s.
Watch the video I posted from Arrma. That shows you how to remove both diffs. I'll make a video on replacing the gasket and o-rings in the morning.
Thanks!!

Thanks again for that lesson in duckin out with my tail between my legs! Lol. My truck is brand new. How can the seals and or gaskets already be leaking??
Not uncommon in RTR. They're put together quickly, so screws may not be tightened, and gaskets and rings not seated 100%. Oh, and they probably will always leak a little anyways. These are not high tolerance builds, just expensive toys.

Thanks again for that lesson in duckin out with my tail between my legs! Lol. My truck is brand new. How can the seals and or gaskets already be leaking??
Usually, diffs in other trucks have grease in them. This has oil? I think i may have asked this before but what weight goes back in?

It happens and in my estimation, on the 3S rigs, it's not a huge deal. The Mega versions only had grease in them. We will get it sorted.

It happens and in my estimation, on the 3S rigs, it's not a huge deal. The Mega versions only had grease in them. We will get it sorted.
Just asking, would it be advisable to put some kind of sealer on the outside of the diff housing? Since I have no miles on this truck, its bramd new. Im going to still do the rebuild when I get ur video, but was just curious. Thanks.

Just asking, would it be advisable to put some kind of sealer on the outside of the diff housing? Since I have no miles on this truck, its bramd new. Im going to still do the rebuild when I get ur video, but was just curious. Thanks.

Don't do that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back