Senton 3s BLX Faster then my crawlers build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
Hello all! Thank you for taking a look at my build thread. It's not going to be much right off the rip, but there will definitely be some modifications as I go.

Back story..... I've been wanting something faster then my crawlers for some time now and the wife likes to run RCs but thinks crawlers are dumb. LoL! I decided on the Senton after watching people beat the crap out of them and it taking it. Durability has always been my number one thing when looking for a new RC. I was about to buy one about two months ago. And we found out we were pregnant again. So I threw the Senton right out the window being the responsible dad that I need to be. Two weeks ago I get home from work and I find that my amazing wife had bought me one.

Finally the batteries showed up yesterday and it was on!!! Well after the rain stopped...
9AA3D361-49C9-467E-AB13-2CC9D0E28AA4.jpeg

Hoping I can get to run it a little more after work today. That's all for now. Will post up some more pics and the couple mods I have done in the next few days. Thanks again for checking out my build! Have a great day!!!!

Hello all! Thank you for taking a look at my build thread. It's not going to be much right off the rip, but there will definitely be some modifications as I go.

Back story..... I've been wanting something faster then my crawlers for some time now and the wife likes to run RCs but thinks crawlers are dumb. LoL! I decided on the Senton after watching people beat the crap out of them and it taking it. Durability has always been my number one thing when looking for a new RC. I was about to buy one about two months ago. And we found out we were pregnant again. So I threw the Senton right out the window being the responsible dad that I need to be. Two weeks ago I get home from work and I find that my amazing wife had bought me one.

Finally the batteries showed up yesterday and it was on!!! Well after the rain stopped...
View attachment 150156
Hoping I can get to run it a little more after work today. That's all for now. Will post up some more pics and the couple mods I have done in the next few days. Thanks again for checking out my build! Have a great day!!!!
You and I are fortunate, my wife loves RC as well. She is not super interested in crawlers, which I have one. Her rig is the Senton, like yours. My rig of choice is it's big brother, the Mojave

Senton is Excellent for those new to the hobby, and not so new to the hobby. Lots of fun out of the box, and if you want to upgrade it, easily done.

Not sure why my wife hasn't broken anything on hers yet. She's went full speed into posts, cartwheels more than a high school cheerleading team all season........

On a side point with your experience, what is your favorite crawler? Just wondering.....

Welcome

Last edited:
The Senton is a tough RC, but learn it's weak points (suspension arms and shock tower supports).
Land hard at a bad angle and you'll break it.

Integy makes great shock tower bracing to reinforce the mount points. $20 well spent.
https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=35763&p_catid=492
https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=35769&p_catid=492

RPM makes fantastic suspension parts as does Hot Racing and Integy, if you want to go aluminum.

View attachment 150170

View attachment 150171
I definitely will be adding the shock mount braces, servo and shocks down the road. I'll probably stay with plastic arms only cause it's cheap to replace and aluminum doesn't bend back straight all that well. I don't plan on bashing super hard. Mostly blasting around and smallish jumps. Thank you for the advice. It's always appreciated!!!
Congratulation and welcome!

Congratulations, on both of your babies :)
Thank you guys!!!
Congratulations and welcome! You might want to consider naming that baby boy 👦 Senton.
Thank you!!! Ya, I don't see the wife being too keen on naming him Senton LMAO!!! 🤣🤣🤣
You and I are fortunate, my wife loves RC as well. She is not super interested in crawlers, which I have one. Her rig is the Senton, like yours. My rig of choice is it's big brother, the Mojave

Excellent rig for thosenew to the hobby, and not so new to the hobby. Lots of fun out of the box, and if you want to upgrade it, easily done.

Not sure why my wife hasn't broken anything on hers yet. She's went full speed into posts, cartwheels more than a high school cheerleading team all season........

On a side point with your experience, what is your favorite crawler? Just wondering.....

Welcome
I can't say she loves it lol definitely has fun with it tho. Can't wait for her to run this rig. Maybe it'll get her hooked.

The videos I watched on YouTube before deciding between this and the slash proved to me that this thing is durable. Those guys really beat on them with no breakage. Stock.

As far as the crawlers go. I would have to say my Trx-4 is my favorite.
2503EFA8-329F-40A7-8B56-E8884AC5D548.jpeg
This is a pic of it on my backyard crawler course. Course under reconstruction. It's super durable and has the least amount of must do upgrades to make it that way. Electronics is the only weak points on it out of the box. The 10-2 or the Enduro sendero would probably be in close second.

Do not put aluminum suspension arms on the Senton. You will end up breaking the chassis. Get RPM arms. They are strong and flex enough during a crash .
Agree, if you're gonna bash, go plastic.

I use aluminum on my dirt track racer/jumper and plastic on my basher.
My basher is still new (ground up build) waiting on a motor. It's still has a minty fresh undercarriage. Not for long! 😄
My jumper was a basher at first until I broke the stock suspension and shock tower. Sent a shock rod through the body. Yeah... it landed HARD.
Now I just use it for dirt track racing and track jumps.

Jumper.jpg

Basher.jpg

I definitely will be adding the shock mount braces, servo and shocks down the road. I'll probably stay with plastic arms only cause it's cheap to replace and aluminum doesn't bend back straight all that well. I don't plan on bashing super hard. Mostly blasting around and smallish jumps. Thank you for the advice. It's always appreciated!!!

Thank you guys!!!

Thank you!!! Ya, I don't see the wife being too keen on naming him Senton LMAO!!! 🤣🤣🤣

I can't say she loves it lol definitely has fun with it tho. Can't wait for her to run this rig. Maybe it'll get her hooked.

The videos I watched on YouTube before deciding between this and the slash proved to me that this thing is durable. Those guys really beat on them with no breakage. Stock.

View attachment 150188This is a pic of it on my backyard crawler course. Course under reconstruction. It's super durable and has the least amount of must do upgrades to make it that way. Electronics is the only weak points on it out of the box. The 10-2 or the Enduro sendero would probably be in close second.
I bought the defender flavor of the trx4 and added a lot of brass down low..... Agree about the electronics

I bought the defender flavor of the trx4 and added a lot of brass down low..... Agree about the electronics
Mine was a Defender when I bought it. Always liked the Nukizer body and always wanted a caged rear. My buddy in Oregon did the body. I built the cage. Took me awhile but it's how I want it now. Have done ALLOT of modifications to it. It's extremely capable, predictable and fun to drive.

Thank you guys!!!

View attachment 150188This is a pic of it on my backyard crawler course. Course under reconstruction. It's super durable and has the least amount of must do upgrades to make it that way. Electronics is the only weak points on it out of the box. The 10-2 or the Enduro sendero would probably be in close second.
I just started stockpiling parts for a lightweight gspeed build. I'm stuck between capra axles and ar44's, but I have a holmes stubby revolver in 2500kv and mamba micro ready to go. What are you running for motor & esc?

Nice! I think I would do straight axle cause I have 3 portal rigs now.

My OG SCX10 Dingo it's running Trx portals now after I broke a discontinued front axle housing. Video here.
5F2EE98C-77EB-4FF6-A1B3-61E625EF68DF.jpeg

Also have a Trx-6 project I'm working on that was given to me from a great friend. This is where it's at currently.
25860D6F-3B35-4B4C-8C15-0C38F6F12D09.jpeg

I want to do a sliding/tilt bed like he was planning on doing.

My Trx-4 and the dingo are both running Hobbywing 1080 ESC and HH trailmaster sport Trx 27T SCX10 21T.

I just started stockpiling parts for a lightweight gspeed build. I'm stuck between capra axles and ar44's, but I have a holmes stubby revolver in 2500kv and mamba micro ready to go. What are you running for motor & esc?

So after running 3 packs through it...... This thing is BAD!!! I love it!!! Having so much fun with it!!!

I'm running on grass and woods type trails with allot of loose terrain. I noticed that it will get absolutely buck wild in turns if I don't really feather the throttle. Feathering the throttle seems a bit laggy. Is that the stock transmitter causing that or is that just how brushless rigs are? This is my first brushless setup I've owned. I have a Flysky gt3c and a extra RX I could use if it is the transmitter.

One other question. If I threw in a 15T pinion and slowed the top end down a bit. Would that hurt the punchyness I like for a short run up jump? I know it will help keep the motor and ESC cooler and give me more torque. Which if I'm thinking right should give me a little more control and still give me that punch I want when I need it. What's your thoughts on this?

Had a few mins to blast through a pack in the front yard this evening. Really digging how this this drives!!! I was only running it with the remote at 75%. It wants to be loose all the time at 100% unless you stay way out of the throttle. I think I will switch out to the 15t pinion while I'm letting the shoe goo dry when I start the body mesh reinforcement. Not seeing any cracks, but has a nice ding in the back where the body slammed the shock mount. Also wearing through the paint at the back bumper and all body pins. Think I will start that project after this weekend. Will post some pics once I get a chance to run it in the daylight again LoL! Thanks for reading!!!

Having a blast driving this thing! Have ran a few more packs through it the past couple days. I ment to post this before but didn't want to until i got to see if it worked.

I'm a very low Budget kinda guy and I was having a hard time locating a dust cover for my truck. So while I was waiting for the batteries to show up. I made one. I went to Wally world and bought one of these. $1.76
6C112882-AE2A-4F51-9EBB-622DFB3F2542.jpeg

I had some Velcro and some bungee cord from another project. I cut the durag down to size and placed Velcro (hook side) on spots along side of the chassis. Then used E6000 to stick the Velcro (loop side) to the durag.
7EDA925A-AF76-4EC0-8119-441A9B3D4C7E.jpeg

I used the bungee cord ran through the durag from body mount to body mount. Then used a piece of styrene sheet on the motor side to keep the cover off the fans.
7AF6E1E3-E4B6-410B-8E26-740D724E0C20.jpeg

It has definitely helped keep allot of debris out of the chassis. Some still gets in but not too bad.
A04DB5DD-AF7C-483E-B7BC-217596729460.jpeg

My neighbor's granite would be full of debris in the amount of time I was running.

I also gave my motor a beard
E7AFAF60-290C-4514-AA3A-C0852AF8976C.jpeg

Hoping that will help keep any rogue dirt out of the spur/pinion. I'm definitely thinking about going to the 15t pinion due to my driving style and conditions. Is it a simple swap or do I have to change the motor plate too?

Here's a couple blurry shots from today. On the trail by the house.
94C97A86-E020-4C84-BBE7-432965AB8A2F.png
52718F07-9927-4651-B71C-1DFC463A3FE8.png

I have to learn how to shoot and film fast rigs now. The few videos I've tried haven't been all that great. Will post one this weekend after I go blast around on the dirt hill at the farm. Maybe it'll turn out good. Thanks again for checking out my thread!!! Have a great day!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back