Senton 3s BLX Faster then my crawlers build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a blast driving this thing! Have ran a few more packs through it the past couple days. I ment to post this before but didn't want to until i got to see if it worked.

I'm a very low Budget kinda guy and I was having a hard time locating a dust cover for my truck. So while I was waiting for the batteries to show up. I made one. I went to Wally world and bought one of these. $1.76
View attachment 151296
I had some Velcro and some bungee cord from another project. I cut the durag down to size and placed Velcro (hook side) on spots along side of the chassis. Then used E6000 to stick the Velcro (loop side) to the durag.
View attachment 151299
I used the bungee cord ran through the durag from body mount to body mount. Then used a piece of styrene sheet on the motor side to keep the cover off the fans.
View attachment 151300
It has definitely helped keep allot of debris out of the chassis. Some still gets in but not too bad.
View attachment 151302
My neighbor's granite would be full of debris in the amount of time I was running.

I also gave my motor a beard
View attachment 151303
Hoping that will help keep any rogue dirt out of the spur/pinion. I'm definitely thinking about going to the 15t pinion due to my driving style and conditions. Is it a simple swap or do I have to change the motor plate too?

Here's a couple blurry shots from today. On the trail by the house.
View attachment 151304View attachment 151305
I have to learn how to shoot and film fast rigs now. The few videos I've tried haven't been all that great. Will post one this weekend after I go blast around on the dirt hill at the farm. Maybe it'll turn out good. Thanks again for checking out my thread!!! Have a great day!!!!
I'm pretty sure it won't give you anymore torque. You could always turn the punch up on the esc, but that will just break things more. Have you broken anything yet?

I’m curious what your temps are with all that coverage.🤔
It's definitely warm not hitting cut off tho. I've ran 6- 5200 3s packs through it so far with that cover on it. Only once I ran two packs in a row. But I let it cool off in front of the fan for a bit between them. It was 91* when I was running today. The 15t pinion should help the heat some. I'm thinking of switching out the styrene with a piece of plastic with holes in it for ventilation. I will probably pick up a temp gun next week so I can check temps.
I'm pretty sure it won't give you anymore torque. You could always turn the punch up on the esc, but that will just break things more. Have you broken anything yet?
I would think lower gear would give more torque? I know in the crawler world going down 2 teeth on your pinion would add a good bit of noticable torque. 6 packs in and no breaks. Couple good dings on the body tho. Haven't been beating on it too hard. Bunch of small jumps, donuts and blasting around. Mostly just learning how to drive it and what I'd like to change. I Don't see myself spending much time going 50mph. It tumbles way too far at those speeds🤣 LMAO! Plus most of my driving will be through trails and not all that much in open areas.

Last edited:
It's definitely warm not hitting cut off tho. I've ran 6- 5200 3s packs through it so far with that cover on it. Only once I ran two packs in a row. But I let it cool off in front of the fan for a bit between them. It was 91* when I was running today. The 15t pinion should help the heat some. I'm thinking of switching out the styrene with a piece of plastic with holes in it for ventilation. I will probably pick up a temp gun next week so I can check temps.

I would think lower gear would give more torque? I know in the crawler world going down 2 teeth on your pinion would add a good bit of noticable torque. 6 packs in and no breaks. Couple good dings on the body tho. Haven't been beating on it too hard. Bunch of small jumps, donuts and blasting around. Mostly just learning how to drive it and what I'd like to change. I Don't see myself spending much time going 50mph. It tumbles way too far at those speeds🤣 LMAO! Plus most of my driving will be through trails and not all that much in open areas.
Yeah, I guess it might be beneficial for what you're doing. Jenny'sRC has 15T pinions for like 2 bucks. Check the Arrma Bigrock or Typhon parts. I need to go faster lol, i'm hitting a 40ft table top full speed. :ROFLMAO:

Kind of late but congratulations on the baby boy on the way to you and your wife. Very kind of her to get the Senton. Being a crawler guy you can appreciate the scale(ish) appearance. I don’t own one but recently saw KT get one and absolutely thrash it at a skate park and could not believe the abuse it took.
Love that trx6 project. I want to build a proper body, fender wells and bumper system for mine as well. The MB body really holds it back. I just built a trx4 sport kit. I mounted the electrics a little forward, got rid of the bumpers, reversed their mounts, raised the sliders, added some weight on the front rims, and mounted the battery in the front. All free upgrades... The trx4, when relieved of its heavy bodies, extra servos and fenders is hands down, far and away best performing crawler I’ve seen at pretty much any price. You loose the scale effects on the sport but it’s just amazing car. It’s years old now and the competition is closer but still a ways off.

Last edited:
Kind of late but congratulations on the baby boy on the way to you and your wife. Very kind of her to get the Senton. Being a crawler guy you can appreciate the scale(ish) appearance. I don’t own one but recently saw KT get one and absolutely thrash it at a skate park and could not believe the abuse it took.
Love that trx6 project. I want to build a proper body, fender wells and bumper system for mine as well. The MB body really holds it back. I just built a trx4 sport kit. I mounted the electrics a little forward, got rid of the bumpers, reversed their mounts, raised the sliders, added some weight on the front rims, and mounted the battery in the front. All free upgrades... The trx4, when relieved of its heavy bodies, extra servos and fenders is hands down, far and away best performing crawler I’ve seen at pretty much any price. You loose the scale effects on the sport but it’s just amazing car. It’s years old now and the competition is closer but still a ways off.
Thank you brother!!! We're very excited!!!!

The more scale look is why I wanted a short course truck over the basher style with exposed wheels. These rigs will surely take some abuse.

I absolutely love my Trx-4! Other then the sport I definitely agree that the body holds them back. They are very heavy and changing the body was one of the best upgrades I did for performance. I love the free upgrades! I did a bunch to mine when I first got it. There's a one year review video on my YouTube channel for my Trx. Where I tell you what I've done and my thoughts on it if you wanna check it out.
I’m curious what your temps are with all that coverage.🤔
Well brother..... It's too hot here in FL to be running with a dust cover LoL! I bought a temp gun the other day. While I was running this weekend I hit the temp cut off with my first two packs. Third pack I zip tied the cover back like it wasn't there and it ran fine until LVC. ESC was 30* cooler without the cover. I will probably be investing in a couple protek 30x30 fans to replace the stock fans. Since I will be running in 90*+ temps most of the time. The debris wasn't as bad as I would've expected without the cover.
F0861BF4-5949-469C-9474-2C0982709B2F.jpeg

So over the weekend I took the Senton with me to the farm I work at and tested out it's flight skills.
39B98115-F343-4646-8BBC-2F7772A7A0F1.jpeg
C0A86C1F-F299-4746-AF17-1BB743D762B4.jpeg

Man what a blast!!!! I set up the camera and started playing. It was a great time! Being out in the open like that really helped me learn this rig. By the second pack I had allot more of a feel for it. Here's a little video of the fun I had. Hope you guys enjoy! Let me know what you think!

After all that fun and a bunch of tumbles. The only Carnage was to the body. Nothing super serious, but definitely makes me want to do the shoe goo/mesh mod to the body.
28919E2D-4541-4B89-88D0-5981C3A5E6E5.jpeg
585C85C2-172C-4491-8F55-13332F23FC42.jpeg

Thanks again for checking it out!!! More to come once I can get out playing again. Don't know if I'm going to switch the pinion now. Time will tell! Have a great day!!!

Word of advice? Try to break it into little Itty bitty pieces everything. Seriously. When I try to be "careful" and do "light" jumps, some parts self destruct! And when I get stupid in the name of fun, it takes everything I throw at it.
Only managed to break the tethers on front body clips. I feel like an under achiever...
https://youtube.com/shorts/ep-jmXQXcRo?feature=share
https://youtube.com/shorts/9boik6-KVKc?feature=share
Dude! That's how it works for me, too. If I try something small & controlled, I get a freakish break. When I go full potato, it stomps landings. Maddening.

Word of advice? Try to break it into little Itty bitty pieces everything. Seriously. When I try to be "careful" and do "light" jumps, some parts self destruct! And when I get stupid in the name of fun, it takes everything I throw at it.
Only managed to break the tethers on front body clips. I feel like an under achiever...
https://youtube.com/shorts/ep-jmXQXcRo?feature=share
https://youtube.com/shorts/9boik6-KVKc?feature=share

Dude! That's how it works for me, too. If I try something small & controlled, I get a freakish break. When I go full potato, it stomps landings. Maddening.

I have had this happen with many things in my past. Pretty much the reason I had no shame in hammering it on those jumps.

Well damn fellas! You weren't lying about being easy on it and it breaking....
9A25D91F-1AAB-4EBB-B1C5-9AFEB93EB8E0.jpeg

Blasted around for a pack and hit a small dirt jump a few times that I made the other day. Just noticed this while I was in the garage working on something else. 🤬 Don't think the chassis is a warranty part. Guess I'll be ordering a new one before it gets worse. That's all for today! Here's a pic !
A90D3FC9-0128-4C2C-BBEF-252DBBA58A40.jpeg
AD3BE349-9215-41EC-BA37-9671E4E821AA.jpeg
015203BE-85A7-4E88-8C75-488A3C39952E.jpeg

Love running this rig!!! It's so much fun!!!!

Thanks for the advice guys! I went ahead and ordered two chassis. That way I’ll never break another one since I have a spare. LOL! I also picked up a set of RPM front a arms. Waiting for the rear set to come in. I was looking over my rig yesterday. I noticed that the rear tires look like they are towed in towards the front. I had my neighbor grab one of his granites so I could see if they were the same on his rig. They look like they might be made that way??? Can anyone shine a little insight on this? Here are a few pics even though you can’t really see it in the pics.
02C547F6-2451-4B09-9E67-7F3EED470D79.jpeg
67B548AD-3DFE-40E4-8D13-1361381D02BF.jpeg

I didn't find anything else wrong with the rig. Nothing broken, cracked or loose. Thanks in advance for any help!!! Have a great day!!!

Thanks for the advice guys! I went ahead and ordered two chassis. That way I’ll never break another one since I have a spare. LOL! I also picked up a set of RPM front a arms. Waiting for the rear set to come in. I was looking over my rig yesterday. I noticed that the rear tires look like they are towed in towards the front. I had my neighbor grab one of his granites so I could see if they were the same on his rig. They look like they might be made that way??? Can anyone shine a little insight on this? Here are a few pics even though you can’t really see it in the pics.View attachment 156650View attachment 156651
I didn't find anything else wrong with the rig. Nothing broken, cracked or loose. Thanks in advance for any help!!! Have a great day!!!
The toe on the rear wheels is supposed to be set with toe in to help the truck drive straight. The front wheels should have a slight toe out, like +1 or +2 degrees out.

The toe on the rear wheels is supposed to be set with toe in to help the truck drive straight. The front wheels should have a slight toe out, like +1 or +2 degrees out.
That's what I thought. Just wasn't sure. Thank you for a quick reply!!! Good thing I don't run on hard surfaces often. Seems like that toe in would burn up some rear tires.

Went out for a my birthday bash with a buddy of mine. It was crazy hot out today. The sand was 120* 🔥 and the temp was 95*. We still had allot of fun tho. I found a spot out where I work that had a big dirt pile from them grading lots. I was able to get a little bit of footage before I pulled the shock end off of the shock shaft And he had broken the c-hub on his ECX Volcano. What do you guys recommend for adhesive to put this end back on?

Here's a few pics. I'll post the video in a couple days.
6A0D92C2-6833-45F8-B403-B1895A0797AC.png
40B84F77-4180-4BA1-9174-513F755C714E.png
1C844C5F-0BFD-40BD-84FD-06AFDC2E0D20.jpeg

Thanks for checking out my thread!!!! Have a great day!!!!

Last edited:
2 part epoxy seems to work well. I have used araldite 2012 but I am sure most anyof the ones from a home improvement store will work fine
Thank you brother! Used some Gorilla 5 min 2 part epoxy. Going to let it dry a day before trying it out.
image.jpg

I used some E6000 to see if it would keep the chassis together where I broke it. It didn't make it through yesterday 😂. Have a new chassis sitting here waiting. Might just run this one till the crack spreads more. I'm not looking forward to pulling all this stuff off and reinstalling it on the new one. Anything special I should look out for or do while I have everything taken apart???

Thank you brother! Used some Gorilla 5 min 2 part epoxy. Going to let it dry a day before trying it out. View attachment 158790
I used some E6000 to see if it would keep the chassis together where I broke it. It didn't make it through yesterday 😂. Have a new chassis sitting here waiting. Might just run this one till the crack spreads more. I'm not looking forward to pulling all this stuff off and reinstalling it on the new one. Anything special I should look out for or do while I have everything taken apart???
Oil or replace all bearings

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back