Big Rock 3s blx motor bearings???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are the bearings that you need for the 3s motor. I purchased and installed these and they work great.

These are the bearings that you need for the 3s motor. I purchased and installed these and they work great.
Any tips on tackling that project? I’ve read about others having difficulties removing interior bearings on motors before and being new to all of this, I have been nervous about messing it up. Haha

Any tips on tackling that project? I’ve read about others having difficulties removing interior bearings on motors before and being new to all of this, I have been nervous about messing it up. Haha
I was unable to remove the bearings. What I did was drill it out, which ended up making the hole way bigger than it is stock. I have about 5-6 batteries through it and so far there have been no issues. I put a piece of cloth over the motor driveshaft and taped it down to try and keep dirt/rocks out of the motor. I'm sure there are better ways of doing it but I became impatient after spending probably 2 hours trying to the bearings out with no success

Attachments

• IMG_20190319_161528.jpg
    IMG_20190319_161528.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 146
I was unable to remove the bearings. What I did was drill it out, which ended up making the hole way bigger than it is stock. I have about 5-6 batteries through it and so far there have been no issues. I put a piece of cloth over the motor driveshaft and taped it down to try and keep dirt/rocks out of the motor. I'm sure there are better ways of doing it but I became impatient after spending probably 2 hours trying to the bearings out with no success
The bearing still seats perfectly fine and I have yet to encounter a problem

Use the bread trick. take fresh bread and roll into little balls that fit inside the center of the bearing. use a 2x4 board to tap the motor shaft down into the hole to compress the bread. be sure to use the side of the shaft that DOES NOT have the flat side. Remember, don't hammer it.....and you don't have to smash it all the way down until you have several pieces compacted in the hole. keep tapping, add a piece of bread, tap, add a piece, tap add a piece. Like magic, the bearing will start to lift out of the hole and when youre done, youll end up with a little hard bearing replica made of bread, and the original bearing in your hand. the bread basically employs hydrolic displacing force while not being a liquid that will just leak out. If you do hammer too hard, the bread will squeeze past the shaft and bearing and youll have to start again. Also, this will only work best if you haven't already destroyed, or removed the inner race of the bearing in a failed attempt at removing. THERE IS NO need to drill a hole in the end cap of the motor....... if you do, you only weaken it and youll end up having more problems in the future.
Use the bread trick. take fresh bread and roll into little balls that fit inside the center of the bearing. use a 2x4 board to tap the motor shaft down into the hole to compress the bread. be sure to use the side of the shaft that DOES NOT have the flat side. Remember, don't hammer it.....and you don't have to smash it all the way down until you have several pieces compacted in the hole. keep tapping, add a piece of bread, tap, add a piece, tap add a piece. Like magic, the bearing will start to lift out of the hole and when youre done, youll end up with a little hard bearing replica made of bread, and the original bearing in your hand. the bread basically employs hydrolic displacing force while not being a liquid that will just leak out. If you do hammer too hard, the bread will squeeze past the shaft and bearing and youll have to start again. Also, this will only work best if you haven't already destroyed, or removed the inner race of the bearing in a failed attempt at removing. THERE IS NO need to drill a hole in the end cap of the motor....... if you do, you only weaken it and youll end up having more problems in the future.
takes about 45 seconds to 1 minute to get the bearing out. I think I'm going to post a video of it this evening. I have two more motors to switch out bearings in.

takes about 45 seconds to 1 minute to get the bearing out. I think I'm going to post a video of it this evening. I have two more motors to switch out bearings in.
This sounds like a good idea.

Yup and the rear bearing is the same size too.
This is the video of the 6s bearing extraction using bread. I don't have replacement bearings for the BRCC 3s motor yet. The bread does actually cave in the metal shielding from on the other side of the bearing while pushing out. So just know if you use this method to extract, your existing bearing will be trashed. I'll have to try the grease method.... but I suspect and expect to see similar results.

This is the video of the 6s bearing extraction using bread. I don't have replacement bearings for the BRCC 3s motor yet. The bread does actually cave in the metal shielding from on the other side of the bearing while pushing out. So just know if you use this method to extract, your existing bearing will be trashed. I'll have to try the grease method.... but I suspect and expect to see similar results.

This is the greatest how-to video I’ve ever seen! Anyone ever try flipping the cap over onto a 12 pt socket and then tapping on it to try to get the bearing out?

This is the greatest how-to video I’ve ever seen! Anyone ever try flipping the cap over onto a 12 pt socket and then tapping on it to try to get the bearing out?
It would probably work as long as the bearing or the pocket it fits into wasnt already damaged. And it would be alot of tapping but I've done this in other scenarios before in the tool and die shop I used to work in. Saves the insert from damage by tapping the die away from the insert. In most of those cases we would normally already have holes through the die to push them out.... but not always. I might try this.... and if it works maybe a video will follow.

It would probably work as long as the bearing or the pocket it fits into wasnt already damaged. And it would be alot of tapping but I've done this in other scenarios before in the tool and die shop I used to work in. Saves the insert from damage by tapping the die away from the insert. In most of those cases we would normally already have holes through the die to push them out.... but not always. I might try this.... and if it works maybe a video will follow.

So I know this post is a few months old but the bearings in my typhon 3s motor (blx 100 3200kV) went out. When I disassembled I found the rear bearing to be 5x13x4 and the front bearing a different size entirely. 5x16x5. Not sure if they changed the design of the motor or this fact was just overlooked previously but I hope this helps anyone moving forward.

So I know this post is a few months old but the bearings in my typhon 3s motor (blx 100 3200kV) went out. When I disassembled I found the rear bearing to be 5x13x4 and the front bearing a different size entirely. 5x16x5. Not sure if they changed the design of the motor or this fact was just overlooked previously but I hope this helps anyone moving forward.
I think I saw someone mention in another thread that the new motors use a larger bearing.

That bread trick blows me away.:LOL:
It's simply hydraulic displacement pressure that forces the bearing out. (y)(y)(y)Bread works perfectly. I guess we can say the bearing "ate its bread".:ROFLMAO:
Got me hungry for some though. :cry:I am out of bread in my house. No stores have it here.

That bread trick blows me away.:LOL:
It's simply hydraulic displacement pressure that forces the bearing out. (y)(y)(y)Bread works perfectly. I guess we can say the bearing "ate its bread".:ROFLMAO:
Got me hungry for some though. :cry:I am out of bread in my house. No stores have it here.
Make some ??‍♂️ It’s just flour and water. You don’t even knead to bake it. ?

Hi, can anone else speak to the bearings being different. I just ordered (2) 5x13x4 for the motor. My front bearing was split with the outer race jammed deep in there. It was tough to remove.

Hi, can anone else speak to the bearings being different. I just ordered (2) 5x13x4 for the motor. My front bearing was split with the outer race jammed deep in there. It was tough to remove.
Are the old bearings both the same size or are they different sized?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back