Senton 3s BLX motor died

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Spektrum Safe-D pinions do not fit a normal 5mm shaft due to their unique cutout of the "D" shaped hole of the Spektrum pinion. A Arrma pinion will not fit on a Spektrum Safe-D motor for the same reason.
Thanks for the info!
How's your blood pressure?
Part of the hobby is wrenching.
Stuff breaks, and even though horizon has a great warranty, they're swamped. Extra parts make for a happier life
View attachment 148396
By the way, I'm with the others who said you likely have dirt packed in your can. 😉😘

I'll trade you the motor for one of your hobbywing escs

Is there really pinions flying off motors to the point where I need a clip to hold the pinion on...... These d-safe clips are for the birds. Little bit of blue thredlock and you are good to go.

Is there really pinions flying off motors to the point where I need a clip to hold the pinion on...... These d-safe clips are for the birds. Little bit of blue thredlock and you are good to go.
Yeah I agree, but you wouldn't believe some of the stupid $hit some people do.

I think it's more like an effort to make you buy their specific pinions / proprietary parts

Maybe I should write a dummies guide to putting a pinion on a motor.
Episode #1:
- Insert tab A into slot B.
- use $3 hex driver and strip out the grub screw
- scream expletives throw hex driver
- realize pinion on backwards
- more expletives
- sell all my RC stuff on Craigslist.
- the end

How's your blood pressure?
Part of the hobby is wrenching.
Stuff breaks, and even though horizon has a great warranty, they're swamped. Extra parts make for a happier life
View attachment 148396
By the way, I'm with the others who said you likely have dirt packed in your can. 😉😘
Yup never hurts to have spares

IMG-8283.JPG

Update:

Judging by how quiet the Surpass Hobby motor is, how little cogging there is, how smoothly it operates... I'm guessing that my Spektrum motor was a little wonky right out of the box. I already went through the diffs, I know how to set the spur, etc.. I think I got a bad motor out of the box.

Update:

Judging by how quiet the Surpass Hobby motor is, how little cogging there is, how smoothly it operates... I'm guessing that my Spektrum motor was a little wonky right out of the box. I already went through the diffs, I know how to set the spur, etc.. I think I got a bad motor out of the box.
Take it apart. Take the old one apart and see if you’re right. Please, just gotta know.

WHATS INSIDE MAN!! 👀
I’ve only got two brushless motor and they are new and I need them otherwise I’d take one apart. Just curious. Personally can’t see how you can resist not taking it apart…

WHATS INSIDE MAN!! 👀
I’ve only got two brushless motor and they are new and I need them otherwise I’d take one apart. Just curious. Personally can’t see how you can resist not taking it apart…
I've seen videos of what they look like in general, I have a new one coming in the mail, my truck works w/ the new motor so I'm thinking more fun is to be had with the remote in hand and the tires on the ground. :)

Let me see what I can do

Link to pics:

Last edited:
I've seen videos of what they look like in general, I have a new one coming in the mail, my truck works w/ the new motor so I'm thinking more fun is to be had with the remote in hand and the tires on the ground. :)

Let me see what I can do
That’s great! I watched the one where some guys disassembled a 2012 Tesla motor. Crazy stuff in there man. Crazy.
Yes good feeling knowing that you’ll be running soon…rubberside down 🤘

Pull rotor out be careful not to lose the bushings and spacers. Use compressed air to blow out the dust. Check the bearings. If all good use electronics cleaner and spray it our really good. Give it a couple mins to dry out and reassemble. sometimes I’ll put 1 drop of lubricant to each bearing as well. Then send it.
8F4BA95F-6F85-4246-B989-47DAC5C52DAC.gif

Pull rotor out be careful not to lose the bushings and spacers. Use compressed air to blow out the dust. Check the bearings. If all good use electronics cleaner and spray it our really good. Give it a couple mins to dry out and reassemble. sometimes I’ll put 1 drop of lubricant to each bearing as well. Then send it. View attachment 148911
Oh sweet THANK YOU!!

Let me see what I can do

Link to pics:

I'm good, someone wants my dirty motor and I'm happy to send it to them. Go Surpass!

I'm good, someone wants my dirty motor and I'm happy to send it to them. Go Surpass!
PM me if serious. I’ll venmo/cash app $10 postage. I LOVE fixing sh1t. It reduces stress, which I’ve too much of now.
PM me if serious. I’ll venmo/cash app $10 postage. I LOVE fixing sh1t. It reduces stress, which I’ve too much of now.
Oh I was slow… give it to pat lol

Oh I was slow… give it to pat lol
I type/talk too much dang it 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back