Senton 3s BLX motor died

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most likely the motor bearing went bad. It's a common issue. Dirt gets into the power module then into the motor bearing. You should take some steps to prevent it from happening in the new motor.

A few things that will help
- Seal up the power module as described here: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/help-me-upgrade-my-senton-3s-for-sand.20322/post-297587. Another option is making a hole in the chassis that lets dirt fall out of the power module.
- Use an o-ring and washer to seal off the motor as described here: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/blx-motor.20999/page-2
- HPI Gearbox Spacers - Part #101291. Shim the slipper so it doesn't rub the power module and create that black dust.
- Rubber sealed motor bearings

New to the forum but not the bearing issue and dirt contamination issue with the spektrum v3 motors. I was fixing to add basically everything GRC just said and linked. Well done good sir, well done ;-)

I've seen videos of what they look like in general, I have a new one coming in the mail, my truck works w/ the new motor so I'm thinking more fun is to be had with the remote in hand and the tires on the ground. :)

Let me see what I can do

Link to pics:
Hey, back on this dirty motor subject…remind me, was this a néw motor or kinda new? Remember how many time you ran it before issues came up? Thanks!

Hey, back on this dirty motor subject…remind me, was this a néw motor or kinda new? Remember how many time you ran it before issues came up? Thanks!
I ran it probably under 30 packs before the motor gave up but I think it had some bad bearings from the start honestly considering how loud it was and how much it hesitated under low throttle. Overall, the bearings in this truck are pretty trash seemingly, both inside and outside. I guess what can you expect for $320?

When my motor burnt on my senton I had my lhs install a traxxis 3500 as that was all they had in stock. First motor bearing blew up after 2 batteries, but second motor going strong so far. Just my.2

Seems to be a rash of dirt related problems with some of the 3s rigs lately. I replaced the bad bearing on my senton motor with a Jim's bearing last week. Also dremeled out a small rectangle under my spur. The aftermarket bearing fits much tighter than the factory one. We'll see if I get any more dirt buildup problems...

My Vorteks motor bearing failed after 2 weeks of heavy use. While waiting on my warranty replacement motor I'm using a Surpass hobby 3660 motor in the Vorteks and its a little beast for $30.

Warranty replacement servo arrived today too.

Most likely the motor bearing went bad. It's a common issue. Dirt gets into the power module then into the motor bearing. You should take some steps to prevent it from happening in the new motor.

A few things that will help
- Seal up the power module as described here: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/help-me-upgrade-my-senton-3s-for-sand.20322/post-297587. Another option is making a hole in the chassis that lets dirt fall out of the power module.
- Use an o-ring and washer to seal off the motor as described here: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/blx-motor.20999/page-2
- HPI Gearbox Spacers - Part #101291. Shim the slipper so it doesn't rub the power module and create that black dust.
- Rubber sealed motor bearings

They will most likely replace it with the stock motor or a motor from the V2 senton. I got the v2 motor as a replacement and it's still running strong. But hey, it's a free motor. 🤷‍♂️

I just re-read you're first post. You might just have dirt jam-packed in your motor can. Mine did that too. You can take the pinion off. Then take the three m2? screws(1.5mm hex) out of the back and the end cap can come off. Pull the rotor out of the can and clean all the dirt/sand out with a rag or something

I bought my Senton around 2 months ago, it gets used several times per week mostly at home in my driveway or on my lawn. Yesterday the motor seized up, it's difficult to turn the motor shaft even with a pair of pliers. I'm not even sure if I want to warranty the motor because what am I going to do with another crappy Spektrum motor.

I actually planned for this scenario, I have a spare motor that will plug right in, sounds smart right? Nope! Arrma pinions don't fit on the other motor shaft. I have 3 Arrma pinions, none of them fit easily on the other motor shaft. I have an Arrma pinion that doesn't even fit on the Spektrum motor... My best guess regarding the pinions is that the manufacturing tolerances are really bad. I can either try to somehow file down the pinion to make the hole bigger or I can blunt force the pinion on the motor shaft which would surely damage the motor shaft and make removing the pinion extremely difficult / impossible.

I really like the truck, it's a ton of fun and it's really durable but losing a motor this way is unacceptable. It's also unacceptable to have 3 completely useless pinions.
Think I got a problem

20211026_091128.jpg

Same thing happened to me. Email or call Horizon Hobby, they should send you a new motor for free.

If you heat the whole motor can up with a torch, then tap it on the ground, the outer bearing race will fall out of the motor can. Then you can buy a bearing set and replace it. You are risking wrecking the motor when you heat it up, but I can't think of anything else.

Same thing happened to me. Email or call Horizon Hobby, they should send you a new motor for free.

If you heat the whole motor can up with a torch, then tap it on the ground, the outer bearing race will fall out of the motor can. Then you can buy a bearing set and replace it. You are risking wrecking the motor when you heat it up, but I can't think of anything else.
So I need a new motor

Blew the motor in my Vorteks last week, just contacted HH for a new one. In the meantime, Jim's or Fast Eddy?

On a side note, I use RTV to seal the area where the wires connect to the motor. I had not sealed the motor on my Vorteks however, but it was fairly new. Though I've seen dirt intrusion happen pretty quickly, gotta RTV all my motors I guess.

Blew the motor in my Vorteks last week, just contacted HH for a new one. In the meantime, Jim's or Fast Eddy?

On a side note, I use RTV to seal the area where the wires connect to the motor. I had not sealed the motor on my Vorteks however, but it was fairly new. Though I've seen dirt intrusion happen pretty quickly, gotta RTV all my motors I guess.

Eddy’s my boy🤘😂

Jim's has motor bearing kits for Arrma BLX motors. Comes with an extra bearing that you won't use.

Eddy’s my boy🤘😂
HH is sending me new motor which is nice had mine 1 year they sent me 2 new tires new servo in1st month replaced input shaft & new differential gear seems like it's never ending what's next? Can't complain I guess got 10 months left on warranty
Jim's has motor bearing kits for Arrma BLX motors. Comes with an extra bearing that you won't use.
What's Rtv
What's Rtv

HH is sending me new motor which is nice had mine 1 year they sent me 2 new tires new servo in1st month replaced input shaft & new differential gear seems like it's never ending what's next? Can't complain I guess got 10 months left on warranty

What's Rtv

What's Rtv
Don't know. What is Rtv?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back