Typhon 3s blx motor won't move the car and screams at high rpm.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steven pfarr

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
So my typhon was running fine and I went to adjust my slipper clutch and after the car started shuttering and would not move. I took the car apart and the motor spun but wouldn't under load. The shaft wiggles a bit. Is the bearing dead? Also after taking the motor out of the car and spinning it at around 3/4 throttle it screams. So should replacing the motor bearings fix the problem? What about the shuttering?

The front bearing is dead, replace it or get a new motor. The shuddering is probably cogging (normal on a sensorless brushless motor), or just the bad bearing. If you‘re the first owner, have the receipt, within 2 years of purchase, and bought it from a HH certified dealer, you can use the Arrma warranty on it.

The front bearing is dead, replace it or get a new motor. The shuddering is probably cogging (normal on a sensorless brushless motor), or just the bad bearing.
ok that's what I thought but the car just started cogging and didn't move even if I pushed it. Would the bearing cause that too?

I’d disassemble the motor first and check everything and make sure the rotor is OK (eg, wrap isn’t torn to shreds). If it isn’t, it may be time for a new motor. If it’s just the bearing then it’s worth replacing.

Also check that your motor plate isn’t bent which could have put stress on the motor shaft to cause the bearing to go bad (if it is indeed a bad bearing).

so i took the motor appart and there is some black soot kinda powder inside the wrap is fine though. can i just clean the inside?

Might be a little combination of both, slipper too tight plus bearing going out, how much slop did the shaft show.. Also try again but this time keep the slipper on the looser side and see what it does
Edit: Little late to the party, phone died about an hour and half ago and i guess my msg never went threw.. Guess we passed that point!!🤣

thanks for the help. I ordered some new bearings. hopefully, that will fix it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back