Granite 3s BLX Slipper in the Mega Motor Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I just want to confirm that the new BLX spur and slipper assembly will fit into the old Mega motor mount. I also want to correct something that I posted earlier. I stated that the new motor mount would not fit a larger can like the BLX 185. That is false. It will. The two motor mounts are very similar.

20181107_080210.jpg
20181107_080230.jpg
20181107_081100.jpg

I was almost able to get the BLX 100 to fit in with the 15t pinion by using the pre-drilled 17t holes in the Mega mount. It was just a hair off. You will need to drill one of the holes a little larger and use a washer.

That should mean that the adjustable mount, which I pre-ordered, should work with the mega slipper assembly until I upgrade it. Awesome

That should mean that the adjustable mount, which I pre-ordered, should work with the mega slipper assembly until I upgrade it. Awesome

It definitely should. You will also have more room to run a larger pinion as well. If you look at the first picture I posted, you can see how they moved the right hand screw location farther to the right. When I put in the 20t 32p pinion in my gearbox, it originally hit that. I had to grind down the side of it to get the pinion to fit.

It definitely should. You will also have more room to run a larger pinion as well. If you look at the first picture I posted, you can see how they moved the right hand screw location farther to the right. When I put in the 20t 32p pinion in my gearbox, it originally hit that. I had to grind down the side of it to get the pinion to fit.

I'm running a 29t (I think) 48p and I think the pinion teeth are almost all the way to that screw. Did it a while ago but remember I had to remove a lot of material. Going to swap to the 32p setup of the box soon.

I just want to confirm that the new BLX spur and slipper assembly will fit into the old Mega motor mount.

View attachment 23656

Great info because my local dealer told me "no fit at all" with 3s and the Mega power module… The 3s spur seems to be more "muscular" :). So we can use the same clutch and hub…? The Mega hub and the spur are now BO from Horizon...

Thanks a lot for the thread.
PL

So to have better slipper for mega using blx stuff what parts are needed?? Are they still on backorder?

I was almost able to get the BLX 100 to fit in with the 15t pinion by using the pre-drilled 17t holes in the Mega mount. It was just a hair off. You will need to drill one of the holes a little larger and use a washer.

H!!
The 17th? Because it seems to fit very well with 15t pinion and 17th hole (but maybe a bit too tight);

Thanks
PL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back