3s differential fluid question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vayneslashery

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just have a quick question that I couldn't find a definitive answer on. I recently had to rebuild my big rock rear diff. Arrma states that both front and rear use a 10k fluid, so I purchased team associated fluid to rebuild the rear. It did seem a tiny bit thicker, and the rear has noticeably more power going to it and it's just driving me crazy. I'm not liking it at all. So my question is, if I drain the front diff that has stock 10k fluid and replace it with the associated fluid that the rear has, is the truck going to feel like it did before with equal power to the front and rear? I'm pretty dumb to all this so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance 🤘
PXL_20220429_010038898.jpg

Yes, and if u got a lil heavier, maybe like 12, u will notice the front start pulling harder the thicker u go!
Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking. Arrma says that both the front and rear have the same fluid, I'm just wanting it equal. I liked how it came stock. Now I'm just waiting for the kraton and outcast 4s v2 to release so kit breakers start selling the all metal diffs for cheap on eBay!!

My understanding of front to rear power balance is the slipper. The diff fluid thickness is going to balance left to right power like in corners. Currently run 30k front and 15k rear in my BRCC and it seems like a good balance. I was just looking to minimize diffing out and popping drive shafts or blowing out a tire.

I agree, try a little thicker in front instead of making it even. It's a lot of trial and error.

Hi everyone, I just have a quick question that I couldn't find a definitive answer on. I recently had to rebuild my big rock rear diff. Arrma states that both front and rear use a 10k fluid, so I purchased team associated fluid to rebuild the rear. It did seem a tiny bit thicker, and the rear has noticeably more power going to it and it's just driving me crazy. I'm not liking it at all. So my question is, if I drain the front diff that has stock 10k fluid and replace it with the associated fluid that the rear has, is the truck going to feel like it did before with equal power to the front and rear? I'm pretty dumb to all this so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance 🤘View attachment 233659
Someone had a similar question....shared my answer here:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/diff-outdrives-no-longer-alive.54140/post-781085

and Welcome to the board!

My understanding of front to rear power balance is the slipper. The diff fluid thickness is going to balance left to right power like in corners. Currently run 30k front and 15k rear in my BRCC and it seems like a good balance. I was just looking to minimize diffing out and popping drive shafts or blowing out a tire
Thanks, I will definitely consider that. I just don't have enough motivation to mess with the ratios of diff fluid. I honestly just happy with how it was stock. Maybe at some point when my diffs break again I may try a something different. So the diff with a thicker fluid is going to get more power?
I agree, try a little thicker in front instead of making it even. It's a lot of trial and error.
So a thicker diff fluid will give that diff more of the power?

Here is a very good explanation. Makes my brain hurt.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back