Granite 3s durability

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmulawka

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Was wondering if anyone is using 3s in granite mega 4wd.and can the diffs handle it?

3s will fry the ESC, brushless power will just shred the plastic drivetrain. Enjoy what it is or upgrade to a faster truck.

3s will fry the ESC, brushless power will just shred the plastic drivetrain. Enjoy what it is or upgrade to a faster truck.

In the Arrma FB groups, there are several people running pretty hot brushless systems in their Meag4x4 cars - and they are holding up, so far.

Seems the servo is the weak point in this truck. Arrma really screwed the pooch with that AD5 servo - they really should have put the AD7 out of the box. Way too many people stripping gears in the AD5 on their first or second run. Yeah, servos are cheap, but no electronics should be spec'ed with a design life of less than dozen runs.

Shock tower seems to be a weak point as well, but I wouldn't trust the pure plastic drivetrain to hold up to 3s brushless.

Diff’s are solid enough to handle 3S, but that’s about it. I’ve had mine apart many times, and as great as the platform is, it’s my opinion it will start to detonate with anything above 3S. I have 2S brushless in my Senton and it’s perfect, but I removed brushless from the Granite because I was breaking things much faster than with the original brushed setup.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back