Senton 3S HELP getting power module out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Hey guys any tips on getting power module out ? Yes I have driveshaft and red battery spacer out. Pull tab up and pull towards the front with everything I got without breaking something...hasn't budged any tips ? Thanks.

Put something behind it to pry it out.. go back and forth from side to side so it comes out evenly...

Br
I used my fingers to push it towards the front as a bit tough the first time, wiggle it a bit but I guess it also depends how dirty your truck may be mine was pretty clean still ...
Brand new never run...getting chassis slot and adjustable motor mount done(trying anyway)

cant you pull the tab with one hand? I was able to alternatively put something in it like a thin blade, spatula to let it pass when you pull on it
I put an allen under the tab to help hold it up and then tried a couple other leverage tools in behind module...no movement...grrrrr !

I put an allen under the tab to help hold it up and then tried a couple other leverage tools in behind module...no movement...grrrrr !
I'm willing to bet that someone put red loctite on the diff output like they did on mine.

Tried but pretty hard to hold up tab and leverage a screwdriver in behind...crazy !

Ya, they are a pain to remove the first time... it will come out though.. I just lightly pull up on the tab with one hand and pry it out with the other and a screwdriver.. always going from one side to the other..

Once the module is out, you can put wax or a dry lubricant on the dove tails to ease installation and removal..

Hey guys any tips on getting power module out ? Yes I have driveshaft and red battery spacer out. Pull tab up and pull towards the front with everything I got without breaking something...hasn't budged any tips ? Thanks.
HS I got it...2 screwdrivers behind it vertically push forward while holding tab up with allen with a lot of force and wiggle...dam that was harder than I expected...thanks guys.

HS I got it...2 screwdrivers behind it vertically push forward while holding tab up with allen with a lot of force and wiggle...dam that was harder than I expected...thanks guys.
I must have fought with mine for like an hour and I started to get pissed off.

MISSION FAILURE...I got the chassis slot done...then went for the motor mount grub screw on pinion felt pretty tight heated it up with a hairdryer cause that's all I have currently but still stripped it...poop...now I'm in trouble trying to drill it out but it moves to much...grrrrrrrrr...kids Christmas truck what do I do now...lol give him my Typhon lol ?

Why exactly were you pulling it apart? Is it used and needs bearings?

Definitely need more than a hair dryer for that unfortunately..

If you are careful, all you need is a grub screw. Worst case is a new pinion.

If you are careful, all you need is a grub screw. Worst case is a new pinion.
Yup got the pinion off (swiss cheese) swapped out motor mount swapped out stock bearings for Jims and got her back together for Santa minus a pinion?got one on the way and I feel much better pheeeewwww that was a tough one...but I loved it ? Thanks for the help guys !

Attachments

• IMG_0825.JPG
    IMG_0825.JPG
    287.1 KB · Views: 52
Yup got the pinion off (swiss cheese) swapped out motor mount swapped out stock bearings for Jims and got her back together for Santa minus a pinion?got one on the way and I feel much better pheeeewwww that was a tough one...but I loved it ? Thanks for the help guys !
Don't forget to reinstall the motor heatsink. I'm not sure how much difference in temperature it makes, but use it if you have it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back