Senton 3S leave fixed stock motor mount or change to adjustable ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Over the winter me and my son are putting together a line up of must do before the first run on the new rigs. Our question is should we swap out the fixed motor mount for either the HR or Arrma adjustable one ?

I never had an issue with the fixed mount.. check the mesh on them.. check every quarter turn..
My sons BLX 3S hasn't even been run yet just want to hit the ground in the spring with the best possible set up for a dependable long running summer without a major break down. No mesh to check with the fixed mount it is what it is correct ? I just have seen some reports of motor bearing stress and break down with too tight of a fixed pinion to spur set up. Yah or Nah on definitely going adjustable motor mount ?

Put a battery in it and run it stock. 50mph out of the box is pretty decent and probably the best setup for everyday use.

My sons BLX 3S hasn't even been run yet just want to hit the ground in the spring with the best possible set up for a dependable long running summer without a major break down. No mesh to check with the fixed mount it is what it is correct ? I just have seen some reports of motor bearing stress and break down with too tight of a fixed pinion to spur set up. Yah or Nah on definitely going adjustable motor mount ?
As with everything manufactured there are tolerances.

I’ve broken the motor mount housing (two piece black plastic assembly) more times than I care to admit, and I have a surplus of the fixed motor mount. There is variability between them however minor. Spurs, bearings, pinions, motor plates, etc. all factor in to the mesh.

Just check your mesh even if it’s bone stock. Out the box I’ve had one ridiculously tight with zero play and one with a borderline acceptable mesh.

Invest in a temp gun which you’ll need whether you stay with the fixed mount or upgrade in the future.

You can always check the mesh on a fixed mount.. you just cant adjust it.. check it at quarter turn intervals.. you may find its nice on one side and tight on the other side.. an adjustable mount can relieve the tight side but will then be loose on the nice side.. it's a crap shoot.. check it before any decisions.. unfortunately an adjustable mount cant fix an eccentric issue.. you simply have to run it and let that section of the spur (break in)

unfortunately an adjustable mount cant fix an eccentric issue.. you simply have to run it and let that section of the spur (break in)
I might be wrong, but when i had that issue, i loosened up the clutch (up to where it's too loose), then spun the motor a bit and then tighten it more and more (while spinning in between), that fixed that for me, but could it be the spur breaking in instead? could it break in with just few seconds of running?

That can definitely be a solution for some.. depends on how much runout is in the assembly.. it takes about a pack to get things broke in.. so if it cured your problem before running it than that was the answer for your particular amount of runout..

The fixed mount is fine as long as you check the mesh. If it’s too tight and there isn’t any play in the mount holes, you can simply drill them out a small amount and allow enough back lash.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back