3S line shock shaft repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipSide

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Vorteks
A shock shaft pulled out of the rod end on my son's Granite.
This part: https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330537

I just got a replacement part, but I am wondering if it is worth trying to repair the broken one, since the shaft is perfectly straight. The shaft is only pressfitted in the plastic rod end thingy. I am thinking I could just use a small dab of superglue in there and it should work. What do you think?

I am pretty sure it will work, but I don't want this repair to be "too good". I am thinking this press fit design may be designed so that it will fail first if the shock gets over extended in a crash. If the repair hold the two parts together too well and damages something else that is more expensive, I will feel pretty dumb.

Thanks!

A shock shaft pulled out of the rod end on my son's Granite.
This part: https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330537

I just got a replacement part, but I am wondering if it is worth trying to repair the broken one, since the shaft is perfectly straight. The shaft is only pressfitted in the plastic rod end thingy. I am thinking I could just use a small dab of superglue in there and it should work. What do you think?

I am pretty sure it will work, but I don't want this repair to be "too good". I am thinking this press fit design may be designed so that it will fail first if the shock gets over extended in a crash. If the repair hold the two parts together too well and damages something else that is more expensive, I will feel pretty dumb.

Thanks!
Those molded ends are pretty cheap, I would trash the one that came apart on you. Install a new set and keep bashing!

I had same issue on the front right shock shaft of my granite 3s (straight shaft, just disconnected from the plastic) and I went to the store to buy new shock shafts, oil etc.

I came home and found this thread so I figured I would try super glueing existing before disassembling both front shocks.

It worked great on the first run but the LEFT one just came out the same way. I'm super glueing it now and waiting 30 minutes before going back out with it.

Thanks for the idea!

I hope u know, go on the live chat on hh tomm morning and ask them on the new parts. They will send them at no cost and u will receive it in a week. They Gave me EVERYTHING INCLUDING EXTRA O-RING. They gave me $50CAD worth of extra stuff.
which live chat r u talking about

Any suggestions on what type of super glue or epoxy that would work best?
My shock came apart on big rock. Ordered part but would like to try glue repair

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back