Granite 3s Line Updated on Arrma-RC.com

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've ordered one of these to try. It can't feel worse than the Spektrums. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QNDXWBT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If it works out OK and Sarah wants my Tactic, I'll let her have it. I have had no problems with the Spektrum, it just doesn't feel right to me.
I have 2 of the Hobbyking version. Nice radio. Be sure to set the menu option #20 - fail safe. From the factory, they come set to all channels 100%. That makes it exciting when you accidentally shut the radio off before the truck... lol.

I have 2 of the Hobbyking version. Nice radio. Be sure to set the menu option #20 - fail safe. From the factory, they come set to all channels 100%. That makes it exciting when you accidentally shut the radio off before the truck... lol.
Lmao, so true! Did that and watched my 6s typhon jump off the table and hit my dog, scared the hell out of him.

My god, Shame arrma don't have a say in the radio... the spektrum has been advertised as an "upgrade" instead its been a perfect downgrade. bloody shame. on the upside, they have now used caps on the power lines, guess an attempt to limit the cogging.

Honestly, I’ve been using the STX2 radio with my Kraton 4s and it’s been fine. I really don’t see the hate for this radio when it comes with a RTR.

They aren’t going to give you a 200 dollar radio with a RTR, I think all of the people that have been complaining have their expectations set too high. I might be new to this forum, but I’ve been in the rc hobby since I was 11 with the classic Tamiya Hornet.

Unless there’s something else about the STX2 radios that I’ve missed, it’s a solid radio system, which sells for 30-40 bucks. I have a DX2E and, in my opinion, the STX2 is a better radio. I’ve had problems with the DX2E and AVC, and while the STX2 does have AVC, it’s non adjustable and only does 50% what an adjustable AVC radio system can do.

I thoroughly enjoy my STX2 radio system in my Kraton 4x4, which I just fixed btw, because I bent the motor plate XD

Honestly, I’ve been using the STX2 radio with my Kraton 4s and it’s been fine. I really don’t see the hate for this radio when it comes with a RTR.

They aren’t going to give you a 200 dollar radio with a RTR, I think all of the people that have been complaining have their expectations set too high. I might be new to this forum, but I’ve been in the rc hobby since I was 11 with the classic Tamiya Hornet.

Unless there’s something else about the STX2 radios that I’ve missed, it’s a solid radio system, which sells for 30-40 bucks. I have a DX2E and, in my opinion, the STX2 is a better radio. I’ve had problems with the DX2E and AVC, and while the STX2 does have AVC, it’s non adjustable and only does 50% what an adjustable AVC radio system can do.

I thoroughly enjoy my STX2 radio system in my Kraton 4x4, which I just fixed btw, because I bent the motor plate XD
The hate comes from the fact that the STX2 is a downgrade quality wise from TTX 300.

There were more post about radio issues with the STX2 in the first month of release than the TTX 300 had in 3 years. That should be red flag number 1. And the worst part is the STX2 has been in use with these same issues for over 2 years in the Ecx lineup, you would have figured that they would have fixed those issues by now.

The hate comes from the fact that the STX2 is a downgrade quality wise from TTX 300.

There were more post about radio issues with the STX2 in the first month of release than the TTX 300 had in 3 years. That should be red flag number 1. And the worst part is the STX2 has been in use with these same issues for over 2 years in the Ecx lineup, you would have figured that they would have fixed those issues by now.

Correct, the tactic is also faster and further range than the spektrum stx2.
We have several of both radios due to owning ecx cars, my kids are using traxxas radios on the ECX cars(picked up a huge bulk deal with heaps of traxxas stuff and sold it all for profit, but kept some things like radios.)

Personally if you want the Best RTR upgrade radio, get a mt-s. i've been using the new Race flysky Noble for all my cars including my race buggy.

Correct, the tactic is also faster and further range than the spektrum stx2.
We have several of both radios due to owning ecx cars, my kids are using traxxas radios on the ECX cars(picked up a huge bulk deal with heaps of traxxas stuff and sold it all for profit, but kept some things like radios.)

Personally if you want the Best RTR upgrade radio, get a mt-s. i've been using the new Race flysky Noble for all my cars including my race buggy.
Everyone I have talked to has had nothing but good things to say about the Noble.

the noble is excellent, built in full size power bank, can be used to weight the bottom of the radio etc. coming from a m12s and be able to say the noble is on par is something they can be proud of.

The stx2 does not have AVC.

Opinion?
Fact. No AVC in the stx2.

My bad thought u were someone else. ?

I’m pretty sure it has some form of AVC, because when I’m doing wheelies for 30+ feet something is turning the front wheels all the way to the left and right to keep balance and it’s not me. So it has to have something.

The 4s Kraton is my first Arrma, and it’s been a blast on 4s. 3s is fun too, but that power and speed on 4s is amazing, I can’t imagine what the 6s version puts down =o

Anyways, thanks for sharing with me about all the dislike for the STX2. It’s been good to me, so I can’t dislike it yet ?

I’m pretty sure it has some form of AVC, because when I’m doing wheelies for 30+ feet something is turning the front wheels all the way to the left and right to keep balance and it’s not me. So it has to have something.
Centrifugal force perhaps...

STX2 has no AVS. Have 4 of these beauties.

I know everyone hates the Spektrum. I’m wondering though why they’ve changed to an IC5 connector. If you use a spektrum smart battery is there any data moving to the ESC and is there potential to send live battery data to the radio? That would be pretty cool. How much time left, temperature, maybe even a warning if the thing was about to blow?

They must have something like this in the pipeline otherwise I can’t see the point in adding the IC5 connector?

I know everyone hates the Spektrum. I’m wondering though why they’ve changed to an IC5 connector. If you use a spektrum smart battery is there any data moving to the ESC and is there potential to send live battery data to the radio? That would be pretty cool. How much time left, temperature, maybe even a warning if the thing was about to blow?

They must have something like this in the pipeline otherwise I can’t see the point in adding the IC5 connector?
Nah, they just want to promote their overpriced smart chargers. They see Traxxas making it with their smart plugs, and want a piece if that pie.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back