Typhon 3s lipo batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmkkings

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave
  5. Vendetta
I have a 6s typhoon blx v5. I run two common sence batteries in it they are Lectron Pro 11.1V 5200mAh 50c 3s. Are they ok two use in my car. I also have the speed gearing installed and it does not seem to go 70mph! Any advice?

I have a 6s typhoon blx v5. I run two common sence batteries in it they are Lectron Pro 11.1V 5200mAh 50c 3s. Are they ok two use in my car. I also have the speed gearing installed and it does not seem to go 70mph! Any advice?
What tires are you using? Smaller tires can lower the gearing. Also, are your batteries balance charged before each run? You also need a lot of room to go to 70mph.

What tires are you using? Smaller tires can lower the gearing. Also, are your batteries balance charged before each run? You also need a lot of room to go to 70mph.
The steel belted daboots the slick ones type ones that come on the felony
Yes i balance charge and store charge my lipos all the time
Yes i balance charge and store charge my lipos all the time

The steel belted daboots the slick ones type ones that come on the felony
The hoons are way smaller in diameter compared to the stock tires, the hoons are 100mm in diameter compared to the stock tires which are 146mm in diameter. You may want to gear up a few more teeth.

The hoons are way smaller in diameter compared to the stock tires, the hoons are 100mm in diameter compared to the stock tires which are 146mm in diameter. You may want to gear up a few more teeth.
Ok
Are the batteries iam using the rite ones?

Ok thank u for the advice what tires would u use
I personally don’t own a 6s typhon so i have no idea what tires won’r explode on it, but i would recommend getting a bigger pinion if possible, it’s cheaper.

Ok thank u for the advice what tires would u use
The Hoons your running are fine but you'll need to gear higher to get to 70mph. I'd suggest staying with the Hoons or going to GRP's if your going to stay on the street.

I have the optional speed gearing installed that came with the car
The Hoons your running are fine but you'll need to gear higher to get to 70mph. I'd suggest staying with the Hoons or going to GRP's if your going to stay on the street.
I have the high speed gearing installed that came with it

I have the 20/50 gearing combo
Right but with the smaller tires you lost a lot of top speed over the stock tires so you need to gear up your pinion or go to a smaller 46t spur to get the top speed back. Yes with the stock tires and 20/50 gearing and some good lipos you'll do 70 but not with the smaller Hoons your running.

Right but with the smaller tires you lost a lot of top speed over the stock tires so you need to gear up your pinion or go to a smaller 46t spur to get the top speed back. Yes with the stock tires and 20/50 gearing and some good lipos you'll do 70 but not with the smaller Hoons your running.
Ok thank u new to the hobbie

Duratrax speedtreads robber tires may work on the Typhon 6s, they are only $14 on Amazon in the U.S currently.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back