3s lipo battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Wats the best way to maintain my 3s and 6s batteries? Do i do a discharge on them each time before i charge them if they are not all the way dead or do i just charge them? Also how often do i balance them?

I balance charge every time and always store in storage mode.

When using storage mode on your charger, if the batt is below storage mode (3.7/3.8), your charger will charge it up to storage mode and vice versa if it's above.

I have a dedicated discharger, but I use that just for fast discharges when I have a full pack and didn't get a chance to run a rig. 👍😁✌️🎅

When using storage mode on your charger, if the batt is below storage mode (3.7/3.8), your charger will charge it up to storage mode and vice versa if it's above.

I have a dedicated discharger, but I use that just for fast discharges when I have a full pack and didn't get a chance to run a rig. 👍😁✌️🎅
THIS. You will keep your cells happy and you'll get the most possible life out of them if you use proper charging/discharging/storage cycles.

THIS. You will keep your cells happy and you'll get the most possible life out of them if you use proper charging/discharging/storage cycles.
Ok, thank u very much
So on my charger is says lipo balance. So that balances and charges the battery?

Great advice above....Cody....I had to learn about lipos care and maintenance also. Do NOT take this subject lightly. They should never be over charged or over discharged. Read up ....plenty of u tube vids also. Good that your asking questions as I have. Be safe and have fun.

Great advice above....Cody....I had to learn about lipos care and maintenance also. Do NOT take this subject lightly. They should never be over charged or over discharged. Read up ....plenty of u tube vids also. Good that your asking questions as I have. Be safe and have fun.
Awesome, thanks alot man

Best practice is to minimize the amount of time the batteries are outside of storage voltage.

If you charge your batteries up and don't use them, discharge to storage voltage.

If you run, charge your batteries back up to storage voltage when you're done.

Always, always balance charge.

Ok, thank u very much

So on my charger is says lipo balance. So that balances and charges the battery?
If I'm correct in saying this, your charger should balance your LiPo as it's charging, discharging, or storage charging. If you don't have the Spektrum "Smart" LiPo's, you'll see a balance lead separate from the plug that connects to your ESC (the smaller plug). This is the connector that ensures an equal charge is given to each cell. You'll want to have this plug connected during charging.

Also, I see it hasn't been stated yet, but: never charge or use your LiPo's when the battery is hot. This decreases the life of the battery and could result in puffing or fire.

Ok, got it. Thank you
Best practice is to minimize the amount of time the batteries are outside of storage voltage.

If you charge your batteries up and don't use them, discharge to storage voltage.

If you run, charge your batteries back up to storage voltage when you're done.

Always, always balance charge.
Good advice as well. Thank you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back