Typhon 3S Lipo recommendations that can survive a bashing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtmracer

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

loving my Typhon way tougher than anything TRX or HPI for the money. My soft case overlander 5000mah 3s have been dented both ends and now puffed from the impacts! even with foam around them...

Looking for recommendations on hard cased Lipos for this model??? :) I did test a friends hard case and it just cracked open so which ones are tough enough for the kit??? :)

Thoughts please :)

I use SMC Racing hard case batteries in my typhon. You can go with this pack, which is very inexpensive and will provide plenty of amps for the 5 pound typhon, or you can go with this pack that's twice as much money but provides more current. I have both. I use the TrueSpec in the 3S rigs and two of the Extreme Graphen V2 in my 6S.

Hey All,

loving my Typhon way tougher than anything TRX or HPI for the money. My soft case overlander 5000mah 3s have been dented both ends and now puffed from the impacts! even with foam around them...

Looking for recommendations on hard cased Lipos for this model??? :) I did test a friends hard case and it just cracked open so which ones are tough enough for the kit??? :)

Thoughts please :)
Get some Hoovo lipos from Amazon. I've running these for a while. Well balanced, plenty of power, and not too bad on the wallet!

https://www.amazon.com/HOOVO-7200mAh-Connector-Associated-Airplane/dp/B083R41X4Q/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=ROKY5R4M6B8D&dchild=1&keywords=hoovo+3s+lipo&qid=1615124987&sprefix=hovoo+,aps,159&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyMjhZOEtDUFBCSVI4JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzUwMTQwMzZBTDRXRVlHNUszTyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjQ5MDAyMzVFSFRYVEowNlFNTiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Any decent lipo hardcase should do the trick. Soft case risk the puncture and potentially fire. No soft case lipos for me.

Im not sold on the idea of hard cased batteries being "the way". I've been running softies with gorilla tape added on the sides on my 6s trucks for the last 9 months or so. They haven't taken any real damage yet (one close call on a little rock dent that the gorilla tape prevented from actually puncturing). I pad my batteries with thin closed cell foam between the battery box and the chassis, and also inside the battery box. Between the gorilla tape and the padding, I've managed to keep batteries alive through some pretty big airs, tomahawks, and even lawn darts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back