3S Lipo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello everyone, Ive had my Granite BLX for a while now and I want to upgrade to a 3S lipo. Ive seen more people having trouble finding a battery that fits the compartment. Any tips on what battery I should get (20+ minutes running time preferred)?

-Lukey

Hello everyone, Ive had my Granite BLX for a while now and I want to upgrade to a 3S LiPo. Ive seen more people having trouble finding a battery that fits the compartment. Any tips on what battery I should get (20+ minutes running time preferred)?

-Lukey
Yes sir I used someone's spc racing 3s at the races the other night........ Whoa what a difference I'm ordering me 2 very soon ...... Same size as a 2s with the 3s punch super awesome!

Ohh! The 5600 I think it was was too long!

The batteries I linked to are 25mm thick. It looks like 27mm is as thick as you can go. Plenty of room for longer length, and width is maxed out at 47mm. SMC has these: http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php...h=67_99&product_id=182&sort=p.price&order=ASC.

Pretty much the same as the SPC's. Both are good brands, and you should get 20+ minutes of run time from 4300mah. We routinely get 40+ minutes from 5000mah 2s packs from SPC.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies guys but I just found out none of these brands ship to Europe... I managed to find a site that ships to my country, They have a good battery but its 30mm thick, will I be able to squeeze it in? The lenght and width fit easyily.

Doesn't hobbyking have a Europe warehouse? Check out their nanotech lipos, I have had great luck with them and they are pretty affordable. They have a battery finder page on the site where you can put in your spec range and it searches for anything that matches.

Thanks for all the replies guys but I just found out none of these brands ship to Europe... I managed to find a site that ships to my country, They have a good battery but its 30mm thick, will I be able to squeeze it in? The lenght and width fit easyily.

If it is a hard cased lipo, you're not going to get a 30 mm thick battery in it. Maybe a soft case, if you want to risk it, but imho, you shouldn't risk it.

If it is a hard cased LiPo, you're not going to get a 30 mm thick battery in it. Maybe a soft case, if you want to risk it, but imho, you shouldn't risk it.

Agreed! I stuffed a hard case into the battery box and on the first impact it broke. Not good if it punctures the cells

I just picked up an SMC 4300 3S Lipo and it made the truck an absolute rocket ship

I just picked up an SMC 4300 3S Lipo and it made the truck an absolute rocket ship
Just got my son a 2s lipo for his 1/14 truck and OBVIOUSLY cant let him be faster than dad so thinking about running my blx with a 3s. Just wanted to know if its ok to install a 3s directly to the stock blx granite to use over bumpy sometimes dirty sandy roads? Would be the 1st time i use anything bigger than a 2s on the granite. Should i be concerned about a 3s being too much for the motor, esc etc?
Cheers

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back