Big Rock 3s motor mount screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeighDay

I came...I saw...I broke it
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Talion EXB
I have been bashing my Big Rock the last couple of days and have came into the issue where the motor mount screws keep unthreading from the motor. I ensured I used blue loctite and waited 24 hours for it to dry. Yesterday took the Big Rock and the motor shifted on a big land. So I took it all apart and cleaned it good to make sure the screws had a good hold and waited 24 hours to try it again. Same thing happened again today when I landed a jump, the motor came lose. Any solutions to fix this issue? Not doing a huge ammount of air either maybe 10' -15' feet.

Last edited:
I have been bashing my Big Rock the last couple of days and have came into the issue where the motor mount screws keep unthreading from the motor mount plate. I ensured I used blue loctite and waited 24 hours for it to dry. Yesterday took the Big Rock and the motor shifted on a big land. So I took it all apart and cleaned it good to make sure the screws had a good hold and waited 24 hours to try it again. Same thing happened again today when I landed a jump, the motor came lose. Any solutions to fix this issue? Not doing a huge ammount of air either maybe 10' -15' feet.
Most like the threads are stripped in metal plate, try a long screw and a nut on the motor side.

I had an issue on one of my previous mounts where the steel washers were digging into the soft aluminum plate and loosening the motor. Imo, the washers that the 3s trucks come with are undersized. i assume you have the same washers. After I would take my truck for a hard bash, the high stress on the small area of the washers would yield (deform) the aluminum, and the motor would not be tightly secured to the plate anymore. Worth looking at longer screws like Rob66 said, and also considering upgrading to wider washers if needed.

You could maybe rotate the motor can and shift over to another set of threaded holes in the motor to thread into. I'd seriously consider upgrading the motor mount to something more robust, like M2C, the thicker 4S Arrma mount (ARA311106) or even the Hot Racing one.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I took a little bit of everyone’s advice. Got some longer screws, bigger washers, Rotated the motor in a different position. Took it out this morning and no motor shifting. Appreciate you all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back