3S RCs with M2C 17mm HEX adapters - Do they back out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
I've only run the Big Rock BLX twice since I added these, and one of the tires came off. I was lucky that it stopped in front of me because the center barrel nut rolled out the wheel center. I have none of those for replacements.

I did use blue thread locker. Maybe I did not add enough. I cannot really recall how much I added. How about others and issues with the barrel nut backing out? I could try 243 Blue Loctite, or do I need to use red? Anyone with experience with these.... @Edough13

Thx

M2C 3472
https://m2cracing.net/arrma-vorteks/578-m2c-3160-arrma-17mm-hub-extenders.html

1654713905781.png
1654713929604.png

I would not use Red.

Use a bit more Blue TL this time around. Screw cleaned well. Let cure.
Maybe it was just a Fluke, and not enough TL?
Just me.

I don't know why Red TL is even anywhere on any RC rig. Arrma uses Red here and there.
They probably don't care/consider that the screw must be removed by the end user at some point..:eek:
Red TL is for Large automotive Fasteners. How I use Red TL. Only on scale cars.
With small RC screws Red is not appropriate. And sometimes not even removable with Heat, usually damaging/stripping the screw head.

Last edited:
I've only run the Big Rock BLX twice since I added these, and one of the tires came off. I was lucky that it stopped in front of me because the center barrel nut rolled out the wheel center. I have none of those for replacements.

I did use blue thread locker. Maybe I did not add enough. I cannot really recall how much I added. How about others and issues with the barrel nut backing out? I could try 243 Blue Loctite, or do I need to use red? Anyone with experience with these.... @Edough13

Thx

M2C 3472
https://m2cracing.net/arrma-vorteks/578-m2c-3160-arrma-17mm-hub-extenders.html

View attachment 222361View attachment 222362
I have them on a couple of cars. One backed out in the beginning so I bought a set of four barrel nuts, but haven’t needed any more since I started using blue 243 locktite. A little bit more than normal at that and I check the tightness of the nuts before every run.

Yes they back out even with tl, I actually stopped using tl cause when they came loose cleaning the old tl was a pain. Recently i just carry a wrench with me and check them every time i stop or crash which is every few minute's. I MAKE SURE TO CHECK! I've lost the center nut once luckily in a parking lot and found it. I'll probably try tl again but give it 1 or 2 day's to dry min.

Instead of getting M2C or any hex adapter for my BR, I got the Typhon 3s 17mm hex set from Jenny's and a set of axels (AR310905). Fits perfectly and works well

I'm using those on a sc10 pro4 with no issues. I use the blue protek thread lock. I do love this design and can be used on multiple platforms

Yes they back out even with tl, I actually stopped using tl cause when they came loose cleaning the old tl was a pain. Recently i just carry a wrench with me and check them every time i stop or crash which is every few minute's. I MAKE SURE TO CHECK! I've lost the center nut once luckily in a parking lot and found it. I'll probably try tl again but give it 1 or 2 day's to dry min.
Wow. Good feed back keep me updated.

Instead of getting M2C or any hex adapter for my BR, I got the Typhon 3s 17mm hex set from Jenny's and a set of axels (AR310905). Fits perfectly and works well
I was going that route but I have the Arrma CVDs can't use those with them.

Yep I had one come loose on me so I used blue loctite on the barrel nuts. I make sure to check them before I run and they've been good since. I did put a good amount of loctite on them to make sure they hold though.

Thx all this is very helpful. I will up the amount of 243 loctite and recheck them between bashes

I would try orange, I’ve started using it on anything that blue locktite doesn’t hold.
Never knew there was an orange

Thx all this is very helpful. I will up the amount of 243 loctite and recheck them between bashes

Never knew there was an orange

We use it quite a bit at work on 1:1 cars. Breaks loose easier than red but is like 3x stronger than blue. All I’ve really used it on so far is the pinion screw on my O8. I tried multiple different methods with a clean screw and pinion and had issues with blue locktite and loose pinion gears. Knock on wood haven’t had an issue since I switched to orange.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back