Senton 3s senton and typhon pivot ball recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny b

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Typhon 3s
As the title states. Lots of wear and slop in the stock ones. Prefer to use existing tie rods. Much appreciated!

$10.44

1678296291785.png

https://www.amazon.com/GLOBACT-Alum...ng-AR330515/dp/B09VD7H9HV/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa

Or the red ones. Put these in my Senton 3s and Vorteks. (y)
Screenshot_20230308_132810_Amazon Shopping.jpg

O, and you will def want the shock tool!! Sooooo much easier with that.
Screenshot_20230308_133035_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I had the HR alum. ones on my Senton, and they seemed to wear out almost as fast as the plastic ones. I've since put on some of the Traxxas tie rods from a Slash. Get the tie rods with steel balls from Jennys. Also got a set of the plastic ones to go where the Traxx ones wouldn't fit. I haven't tried those Amazon ones yet.

I had the HR alum. ones on my Senton, and they seemed to wear out almost as fast as the plastic ones. I've since put on some of the Traxxas tie rods from a Slash. Get the tie rods with steel balls from Jennys. Also got a set of the plastic ones to go where the Traxx ones wouldn't fit. I haven't tried those Amazon ones yet.
+1 for this

Agree

+1 for this
🖕 🖕 🖕
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Well, too late for me. Hopefully they'll last long enough. 🤷‍♂️😁✌️

Thanks guys. Aluminum wears quickly. I know they make steel ones also but then the tie rod shafts wear. Can't win.
I think the tie rod ends actually wear faster with the plastic and aluminum balls. Once there is a reasonable gap between the ball and tie rod ends dirt, sand, and whatever gets in there and accelerates the wear.

I wish arrma would just use steel balls like Traxxas.... The stock plastic (n) imo.

We just bash our 3s rigs but it would be more controllable with less slop. Plus gf is practicing a lot and wants to whoop my ass in a race so I need an advantage... :LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back