Senton 3S Senton---> to 4S Senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewbieRC

Reaction score
I just bought this Spektrum 120A 4S ESC. Im considering putting it in my Senton 3s BLX.
What are the pros and cons of doing so? Has anyone already done this..is it a common upgrade? I live ina very hot area in the summer and was thinking it may run a bit cooler than the original 100A BLX ESC and allow me to run 4S just for fun if I want to.
Also can I bind the original Spektrum SLT3 controller to the new ESC or do I need a newer one?

I just bought this Spektrum 120A 4S Smart ESC. Im considering putting it in my Senton 3s BLX.
What are the pros and cons of doing so? Has anyone already done this..is it a common upgrade? I live in a very hot area during the summer and was thinking it may run a bit cooler than the original 100A BLX ESC and allow me to run 4S just for fun if I want to.
Also can I bind the original Spektrum SLT3 controller to the new ESC or do I need a newer one?

20221121_201740.jpg

20221121_201700.jpg

20221121_201635.jpg

Why did you make two identical threads? Try to stick to one. It just creates unnecessary clutter. :)
I didn't think it went through the first time. When I tried to attach the photos to this thread it said "I needed to be signed in to perform that function". Tried to delete this one, but only option it gave me was to edit it...

I didn't think it went through the first time. When I tried to attach the photos to this thread it said "I needed to be signed in to perform that function". Tried to delete this one, but only option it gave me was to edit it...
Nae worries :)

Might be a little harsh on the drive train.
You think it would be too bad even if I'm still running it on 3S. Don't plan on 4S too often most likely
Nice. You don't bind the transmitter to the ESC. You bind it to the receiver, so you're fine.
Cool. Don't know why I was thinking I needed to bind the transmitter to the ESC. So is it literally just a plug n play swap if I did change out the ESC....aside from adjusting the new ESC settings like brake/punch etc.?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back