Typhon 3s series and diff oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Has anyone put diff oil in your 3s blx model? I typically put diff oil in all my rigs...but they all have front/center/rear diffs... curious if anyone has done front/rear oil the 3s blx series and noticed a difference. I really like how my typhon 3s runs stock setup with 20t...but always looking to fine tune where possible.

Has anyone put diff oil in your 3s blx model? I typically put diff oil in all my rigs...but they all have front/center/rear diffs... curious if anyone has done front/rear oil the 3s blx series and noticed a difference. I really like how my typhon 3s runs stock setup with 20t...but always looking to fine tune where possible.

It comes with 10k in the front and rear.

There's already 10k in em. At least there should be...

There's already 10k in em. At least there should be...

Ok...good to know...probably no need to change. If you did change would you keep front/rear at same weight? I typically run 50/300/30 or even 500k center...not sure if it makes sense to have different weights front/rear when you only have 2 diffs....I guess if you want more rear wheel spin you would go lighter oil in rear?

Last edited:
Use what ever works for you. I just recently went with 500k in all 3 and really like it! Heavier in the rear if you want both wheels to grip.

I don't think the 3s line is really made to be running anything heavier. If you do change any, I would say leave the fronts at 10k. I don't think there's enough weight up there to overcome anything more and still be able to turn effectively.

Use what ever works for you. I just recently went with 500k in all 3 and really like it! Heavier in the rear if you want both wheels to grip.

500k in the front? It must turn like ass, lol.

I don't think you can compare the weights with your other rigs, especially when the diff is so different in size and in design. But in general you can tune it just like your 3 diff rigs, if you did put 500 in the center, then you already almost locked it, and here it's completely locked.

even if the wheels are turned, if they can't spin at different speeds it still wont be that great.
Been running it for 3 days and it turns awesome. But obviously you've been hiding in my back yard watching and feel otherwise.......?

Last edited:
Been running it for 3 days and it turns awesome. But obviously you've been hiding in my back yard watching and feel otherwise.......?

Everyone has their own preferences, but physics dictate that when your turn the outside wheel needs to travel faster than the inside wheel. Running thick fluid prevents that from happening and is going to affect steering. A truck running 30k up front is going to turn better than the same truck running 500k. That's just a fact. But you are the one that drives it and if you like it that's all that counts (y) Bash on!

Ya think? That's the thing about owning your own rc. Build it the way you want not how somebody else tells you! Or at a minimum keep your lame negative comments to yourself....

Last edited:
Ya think? That's the thing about owning your own rc. Build it the way you want not how somebody else tells you! Or at a minimum keep your lame negative comments to yourself....

I'm sorry if you took my comment as lame and negative.

Don't be sorry! I've been tearing down RC cars for going on 25 years and I'm always trying new things and I have yet to try and extreme heavyweight in the front end of the kraton. I used a locker and yes the turning was atrocious.
"500k in the front? It must turn like ass, lol."
Might not seem that bad but I'm just not the type of person the point of finger, make fun or tell somebody how they should build their RC car. To me that goes against everything the hobby is about and when you write something like that it can be a little difficult to see the intent. No harm no foul.

Don't be sorry! I've been tearing down RC cars for going on 25 years and I'm always trying new things and I have yet to try and extreme heavyweight in the front end of the kraton. I used a locker and yes the turning was atrocious.
"500k in the front? It must turn like ass, lol."
Might not seem that bad but I'm just not the type of person the point of finger, make fun or tell somebody how they should build their RC car. To me that goes against everything the hobby is about and when you write something like that it can be a little difficult to see the intent. No harm no foul.

I see your point. Tact isn't always my strong point. I guess my real concern is that someone new to the hobby would see that and think they would get better performance by putting 500k in the front. And in addition, it was posted in the 3S BLX section where using 500k in their diffs would most likely be catastrophic. The 3S diffs certainly weren't built for 500k diff fluid. I wouldn't go more than 10k in them.

I get not telling someone how to build their RC but if someone new came here and asked about running 500k in the front diff I am certainly within my right to tell them that it won't turn nearly as well as it would using a lighter fluid. Similarly if there is a discussion on pinion size and someone says,"I run a 22T pinion in my notorious with stock electronics! It's great!" I think it would be a disservice not to mention the negative effects that can have.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back