Senton 3s spur gear getting destroyed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Is it just me and my friends that get Sandy dirt in the "power module" and completely chew up the spur gear, in 1 or 2 battery packs? We are both going to order the 4s steel gears. Hopefully this will alleviate the problem. We also had put tape on the gap below the slipper clutch.

The mesh is tight on the 3s factory rigs.

Yep it’s not the sand. It’s the fixed motor mount. It’s the plastic spur. Get an adjustable motor mount and steel spur. Problem gone.

I ran the stock plastic spur for 8 months in my Granite 3S. But I had my slipper set correctly and also brushed the dirt out of the spur with a toothbrush after every run in the dirt.

I ran the stock plastic spur for 8 months in my Granite 3S. But I had my slipper set correctly and also brushed the dirt out of the spur with a toothbrush after every run in the dirt.

I ended up getting adjustable motor mount and steel gear. I also cut a slot in the chassis. Its been running great since. Btw, Your videos are great!

same problem here. steel spur will be ordered.
it sits dead now waiting for me to tear apart to verify the shopping list.

And now today's problem. Take it from me change the cheap ass bearings

Attachments

• sentondiff.jpg
    sentondiff.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 85
ok, noob question. how do I properly set the slipper clutch to help avoid this?

ok, noob question. how do I properly set the slipper clutch to help avoid this?
Tighten it until snug, then back it off a full turn. If it gets loose again, do it again, but back off only 3/4 of a turn. Be careful when tightening it. You don’t want to really torque it hard as it may damage the spring. Just tighten until you feel it really getting firm.

Another way I do mine is leave the power module assembled and installed and simply remove the center driveshaft. Then I use a 2mm driver and turn the slipper screw clockwise until the rear tires start spinning on my bench. I don’t try to keep them from spinning other than by the weight of the car. Don’t hold the car down with pressure, just hold it from moving forward. When the wheels slip that’s tight enough.

Tighten it until snug, then back it off a full turn. If it gets loose again, do it again, but back off only 3/4 of a turn. Be careful when tightening it. You don’t want to really torque it hard as it may damage the spring. Just tighten until you feel it really getting firm.

Another way I do mine is leave the power module assembled and installed and simply remove the center driveshaft. Then I use a 2mm driver and turn the slipper screw clockwise until the rear tires start spinning on my bench. I don’t try to keep them from spinning other than by the weight of the car. Don’t hold the car down with pressure, just hold it from moving forward. When the wheels slip that’s tight enough.

I like the second method better, I'll try it.

Is it just me and my friends that get Sandy dirt in the "power module" and completely chew up the spur gear, in 1 or 2 battery packs? We are both going to order the 4s steel gears. Hopefully this will alleviate the problem. We also had put tape on the gap below the slipper clutch.
Slot the chassis. It does wonders.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back