Granite 3s too big....ugh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gramyiv801

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I have upgraded my granite voltage to brush list that thing is a beast but I want to do 3S so I ordered 2 3S and I got them and they are too big for the battery tray can anybody let me know what 3S I could run that will fit my battery tray below r pics of the 3s I bought that r 2 big. Please let me know what 3s will fit in the battery compartment. Thank u

16632248456613193959157951930387.jpg

166322494773290909252284762363.jpg

The 2s I'm running r 5200mah. If I kept the same will it be the same power n speed or will increase?
It gimme:

What are we supposed to tell you, that you can´t figure out yourself?

You have the dimensions of the battery tray, just buy a battery that´s equal or smaller in size and it will fit...

Running a lower mAh battery will, in most cases, reduce your runtime, but not the top speed or power (yes I know, unless the lipos discharge rate is too low to handle the amps your setup is pulling...but lets not go there just yet)

Running a 3s instead of a 2s is going to give you a theoretical 50% increase in speed and power (to some extend), because you are increasing the voltage by 50%.

I had three granite Volteges and spent a lot of time upgrading them over the course of year before going back to brushed to set ups. Bottom line is if you want a brushless, fast car you need to get a 3s Granite, big rock or similar. I documented everything in the below thread about my voltage difficulties.

Thread 'Voltage 2WD brushless conversion, Velo’s learning curve build.'
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...conversion-velo’s-learning-curve-build.39035/

Probably time to retire the voltage. Gearing and drivetrain will probably only last a couple packs before it self destructs running on 3s. If you already invested money in a 3s system look for a used roller 3s on eBay or other. Probably can pick one up pretty cheap without the electronics.

Probably time to retire the voltage. Gearing and drivetrain will probably only last a couple packs before it self destructs running on 3s. If you already invested money in a 3s system look for a used roller 3s on eBay or other. Probably can pick one up pretty cheap without the electronics.
+1
I don't own one, but this is from the Granite manual. Good luck. (y) 😁 ✌️
View attachment 243596
Have to agree.
The 2s lipo dimension specs are straight forward. Stay with a 2s pack. Or just stay with the OE 18650 cells. (LIons)
Return that 3s. Or just buy a 3s rig that will fit that 3s Zeee lipo.:giggle: And leave the Voltage "as is". A backup rig and for the kids. Don't invest any more $$ into it. It will never become what you want it to be, all the while falling apart very easily. Electrics included.
My spin.

Last edited:
I agree with what everyone's saying, return the batteries or get a new car that can properly run 3S LiPos.

That being said, every car has a listed spec of the maximum battery dimensions (for obvious reason), typically right on the product page. In the case of anything Arrma, every single product page has them right on the bottom, search the page for "battery tray" and you'll find it. This is from the Granite Voltage product page.

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 11.09.07 AM.png

It sounds obvious but before I got my first "big" battery (the Zeees are huge, and I got a 6000mAh 3S - it is massive!!) I figured my Rustler 4x4 battery tray was "huge" and therefore would fit anything - and then I realized I need to read battery sizes better :LOL:

Definitely need to do homework before dropping coin on a battery in the future (y)

A 3S BLX Big Rock can't handle itself as it is stock. Running 3S in a Voltage is going to be far from reliable. Maybe a fun project if you have parts on hand and just experimenting, but I wouldn't expect too much out of it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back