Typhon 3s typhon arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truehavoc

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I want to widen the stance, like the big rock, I don't have a big rock but is the big rock wider than the typhon? And if so will my check list be, big rock turn buckles, arms, I do want aluminum drive shafts since I can't find any local for the typhon 3s lol rest I could leave I would believe I have swapped a few things from the granite, I didn't want to unthredlock my 17mm hub extentions so the wheel cup I swapped with it lol lazy and hate waiting but my typhon with the notorious body needs a little more turn room to avoid shell, I could raise it and miss the shell but she's my street racer only want her low, I got a clear body this was just a trial run, I haven't found a way to make the front post fit the precut holes though, till I iron that out new body is just shelfed, back post were perfect just raised, the whole point of widening is so I don't have to cut and modify the body and let it stay as is, if anyone can also help me with the correct way for front body post too I am all ears hahah, but yeah arms swap and front body post is all I'm after, I thank you all for your time and all! And yeah I was a sucker for the notorious look, such a kickass body design, keep on bashing fellas!. And might put the fat hoons on all tires if I have the room to! Would be sick, might go 4s with it too!

16320517269433383202990271533250.jpg

16320517528017612639917555302128.jpg

16320518873442427121709159040547.jpg

As far as I know the Typhon arms, which are the same as the newer bigrock arms, are the longest arms for the 3s line...

Your next step to get wider would be 4s suspension.. need to change up quite a bit to get 4s arms on there...

V3 Typhon and BRCC use the same arms. Only thing wider is the 4S rigs, but there are a lot more parts you will need to use the arms. You will need every single part outside of the chassis to make that swap. Arms, driveshafts, links, hubs, steering blocks, bearings, hexes, pins, screws, nuts, etc. The whole 9 yards.

As far as I know the Typhon arms, which are the same as the newer bigrock arms, are the longest arms for the 3s line...

Your next step to get wider would be 4s suspension.. need to change up quite a bit to get 4s arms on there...
Yeah I was planning going for 4s thanks alot man!.
V3 Typhon and BRCC use the same arms. Only thing wider is the 4S rigs, but there are a lot more parts you will need to use the arms. You will need every single part outside of the chassis to make that swap. Arms, driveshafts, links, hubs, steering blocks, bearings, hexes, pins, screws, nuts, etc. The whole 9 yards.
Yeah figured I had my work cut out for me hahah thanks alot man! I needed that list lol appreciate it man.

I have both the Big Rock and Typhon. Confirmed, the arms are identical.

I put the wheels from the Big Rock on my Typhon (and swapped hubs due to 14mm and 17mm sizing) and it widened the the stance a bit due to the tire width.

I'm considering the 4S idea too as prior people mentioned. I want to make a Talion/Typhon hybrid.

I have both the Big Rock and Typhon. Confirmed, the arms are identical.

I put the wheels from the Big Rock on my Typhon (and swapped hubs due to 14mm and 17mm sizing) and it widened the the stance a bit due to the tire width.

I'm considering the 4S idea too as prior people mentioned. I want to make a Talion/Typhon hybrid.
Yeah I already did the 17mm hex hubs with the 10 mm offset still just a little off sucks haha, I love this 3s typhon such a cool addition, got the granite, senton, and now typhon, the typhon is going to be a beast once im done, when I get the motor for the 4s, this system will go into my sons brushed senton bet it'll rip hahha

Yeah I already did the 17mm hex hubs with the 10 mm offset still just a little off sucks haha, I love this 3s typhon such a cool addition, got the granite, senton, and now typhon, the typhon is going to be a beast once im done, when I get the motor for the 4s, this system will go into my sons brushed senton bet it'll rip hahha
Here's my modified Typhon 2s. It has a Surpass 3670/2850 motor; Firma 130A ESC; Hot Racing C hubs, aluminum steering knuckles, rear bearing carriers, and bellcrank; Power HD LW25MG servo with Kimbrough servo saver; Pro-Line PowerStroke shocks; and Pro-Line 2.8 Trencher HP belted tires mounted on Pro-Line Raid wheels. I got the wheels and tires to improve cornering performance at higher speeds, and they do exactly that. Both my motor and ESC are rated for 4s if I decide to go that route.

Tpyhon 3s Truggy.jpg

Here's my modified Typhon 2s. It has a Surpass 3670/2850 motor; Firma 130A ESC; Hot Racing C hubs, aluminum steering knuckles, rear bearing carriers, and bellcrank; Power HD LW25MG servo with Kimbrough servo saver; Pro-Line PowerStroke shocks; and Pro-Line 2.8 Trencher HP belted tires mounted on Pro-Line Raid wheels. I got the wheels and tires to improve cornering performance at higher speeds, and they do exactly that. Both my motor and ESC are rated for 4s if I decide to go that route.

View attachment 169914
Yeah got a esc for the 4s hop up got the castle mamba 160A might just try it with stock motor for a little might lol seeing alot of peeps do it with no issues atm but will be getting a good motor to pair with it trenchers almost loomed like badlands for a glance there looks good man

Yeah got a esc for the 4s hop up got the castle mamba 160A might just try it with stock motor for a little might lol seeing alot of peeps do it with no issues atm but will be getting a good motor to pair with it trenchers almost loomed like badlands for a glance there looks good man
I had heat issues with the stock Typhon 3s motor with the Trenchers (they are heavy), so I went with the larger Surpass motor with more torque. The new motor barely gets warm after running full throttle runs for 15 minutes or so. For around $40 it was a worthwhile investment.

You need a Camarostang!

J/k, it's a 4s outcast built with jennys & jbi parts that I had left over after I sold my 4s kraton.
Here's the camarostang, my daughter's brcc, and son's turphon (4s typhon) side by side. I modded a cage for the turphon to give it the desert buggy look.
20210919_173509.jpg

Turphon on brcc- they're pretty much identical w/o bodies.
20210919_173538.jpg

Turphon on camarostang- big width difference
20210919_173525.jpg

The 4s line was super fun, but prone to breakage because of the arm length. You need to be pretty good at landing on the wheels to keep them running.

Here are pics of a notorious body on the camarostang for reference- real similar to what the 4s outcast would look like.
20210919_181756.jpg

20210919_181810.jpg

except this body has been hammered...
I got no love for belted 2.8 trenchers. They worked pretty well on pavement (nowhere near as good as hoons or grp's, though), but didn't hook up at all on grass or dirt.
I'm real big on badlands mx28's for bashing, and so far I dig the hyrax basher tires (they're still kinda new). They're super grippy without being prone to traction rolling.
I don't run big knobbies on pavement. They wear down too fast, and street tires are more funner.
I've replaced all but one of my 3s esc's with 6s esc's (blx185 or firma 150's), but I run them on 3s or 4s with the big tires. I'll occasionally throw in a 6s pack for speed runs with hoons or grps. There's a limit to how much you can throw at the drivetrain.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
You need a Camarostang!

J/k, it's a 4s outcast built with jennys & jbi parts that I had left over after I sold my 4s kraton.
Here's the camarostang, my daughter's brcc, and son's turphon (4s typhon) side by side. I modded a cage for the turphon to give it the desert buggy look.
View attachment 170051
View attachment 170052
View attachment 170053

The 4s line was super fun, but prone to breakage because of the arm length. You need to be pretty good at landing on the wheels to keep them running.

Here are pics of a notorious body on the camarostang for reference- real similar to what the 4s outcast would look like.
View attachment 170054
View attachment 170055

I got no love for belted 2.8 trenchers. They worked pretty well on pavement (nowhere near as good as hoons or grp's, though), but didn't hook up at all on grass or dirt.
I'm real big on badlands mx28's for bashing, and so far I dig the hyrax basher tires (they're still kinda new). They're super grippy without being prone to traction rolling.
I don't run big knobbies on pavement. They wear down too fast, and street tires are more funner.
I've replaced all but one of my 3s esc's with 6s esc's (blx185 or firma 150's), but I run them on 3s or 4s with the big tires. I'll occasionally throw in a 6s pack for speed runs with hoons or grps. There's a limit to how much you can throw at the drivetrain.

Just my 2 cents.
Hey man…Do the mx28s ballon more, less or about the same as stock granite tires?
Those hyrax do look nice. How do they compare to what I mentioned above?
Thanks!

Mx28's balloon- it's why they're so good for aerials. They have way more mass than a granite tire, too. I can muscle a quick recovery on an under rotated flip with a throttle twitch on 4s. It's a real sweet spot for me. I like to stall it out upside down and finish rotation just before it lands (ala duperbash). Doubles are pretty easy with mx28's on 4s, too. Triples are never easy, with any rig. Things get moving too fast for me to gracefully control triples on my backyard ramps. I gotta go pretty big to loft a slow triple- and possibly explode on impact if I don't stick the landing. Long story short, I don't try triple flips often with plastic cars... that's what the M2c'ed notorious is for.
Last minute recoveries on 3s ain't so forgiving- gotta commit to things on 3s.
Because of the ballooning, I don't run mx28's on anything bigger than 4s.

So far the hyraxes are grippier, balloon about the same, but don't traction roll as much. They accelerate like crazy on grass! They've made a great first impression on me. I haven't run enough packs to get a feel for longevity. But I'll definitely be getting more when I find a sale price

Mx28's balloon- it's why they're so good for aerials. They have way more mass than a granite tire, too. I can muscle a quick recovery on an under rotated flip with a throttle twitch on 4s. It's a real sweet spot for me. I like to stall it out upside down and finish rotation just before it lands (ala duperbash). Doubles are pretty easy with mx28's on 4s, too. Triples are never easy, with any rig. Things get moving too fast for me to gracefully control triples on my backyard ramps. I gotta go pretty big to loft a slow triple- and possibly explode on impact if I don't stick the landing. Long story short, I don't try triple flips often with plastic cars... that's what the M2c'ed notorious is for.
Last minute recoveries on 3s ain't so forgiving- gotta commit to things on 3s.
Because of the ballooning, I don't run mx28's on anything bigger than 4s.

So far the hyraxes are grippier, balloon about the same, but don't traction roll as much. They accelerate like crazy on grass! They've made a great first impression on me. I haven't run enough packs to get a feel for longevity. But I'll definitely be getting more when I find a sale price
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. I’ve always run stock granite tires on my granite and wife’s big rock and liked them. However I love the belted mx28s on my vorteks so am thinking on a MT set for my granite. Those hyrax tires look pretty sweet as well.
Thank you!

You need a Camarostang!

View attachment 170051
View attachment 170052
View attachment 170053

View attachment 170054
View attachment 170055

Just my 2 cents.
i want to see more of that cage lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back