3s Typhon differential oil weights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gray Fox

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Greetings! Original oil weight for 3s Typhons diffs are 10k cst front and 10k cst rear. Have some one tried some different weights? I am considering of trying 7k cst front and 12,5k cst rear. Not sure if it makes a big impact in driveability on track though.

If anything, the rear should be lower (much lower) as when accelerating the rears have grip and will not slip anyway, having too high for the rear will make the rear slide everytime you turn on power.

Also worth noting is that these diffs are completely different that the (common) 6s diffs, so i don't think you can compare weights with "normal" diffs

Will putting a lighter fluid in the front make it want to wheelie less? Like the path of least resistance in the front will transfer more power to the front keeping the front end know the ground better?

Will putting a lighter fluid in the front make it want to wheelie less? Like the path of least resistance in the front will transfer more power to the front keeping the front end know the ground better?
What you're talking about is correct for lighter fluid on the center diff, which the 3s series do not have. so power is distributed 50/50 no matter what.

How much oil should there be in a diff? Should i fill it to the top? I read about the cases where Arrma 3s vehicles have come from the factory with low diff oil levels. I am planning to check my diffs and change the oils at some point. Would be nice to know the correct oil level.

Ive never heard of anyone using lighter fluid to fill a diff. Only use silicone oil.

94D9D884-5637-4E5D-BFCB-A980DF9F0A18.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back