3s Typhon shock upgrades? any ideas? Typhon help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockync7

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 4s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
i have 2 6s typhons, i ordered the V3 typhon 3s, i know my older typhons 3s would leak at the shocks so these new seal should help, does anyone know of a better and stiffer shock with a threaded end to replace these poorly made shocks? Turnigy 1/8 7075 threaded body shocks i was told are good but cant find them available online.

I also have a tyhpon 3s running BLX 6S system, burned out the spur gear and ordered a steel one, anything else I might add to stiffen up the gears for the future?

I also run a Typhon street with 34/34 pinion and spool from a limitless, Castle 1515 motor and Mamba 8s ESC. Hoons as the GRP just rip off. is this a good high speed ration or should I run a smaller pinion like a 29 tooth for higher speeds?

I installed the typhon 6s schock on my 3s typhon. No leak no bend just running fine for more than 1 year.

The 6S system is to powerfull for the 3S drive line.
You can keep de blx 185 but change motor for 36 mm diameter.

I installed the typhon 6s schock on my 3s typhon. No leak no bend just running fine for more than 1 year.

The 6S system is to powerfull for the 3S drive line.
You can keep de blx 185 but change motor for 36 mm diameter.
i know several people running a 6s system, just need to get rid of all plastic gears but, the metal replacements are on back order ( as usual)

i know several people running a 6s system, just need to get rid of all plastic gears but, the metal replacements are on back order ( as usual)
By the time you get done modding a Typhon 3S to run 6S, you would have been better off buy an Typhon 6S. Facts! ???

By the time you get done modding a Typhon 3S to run 6S, you would have been better off buy an Typhon 6S. Facts! ???
I already have 2 6s Typhons, 1 road car, 1 dirt, I just used extra motors and ESC I had laying around since I trashed my 3S esc, I have the new V3 3s and plan to leave it that way, if I want speed I have my limitless and my 102mph typhon, it's just a toy 6s but runs great until you strip the spur gear, i'll get a metal one, one day

I already have 2 6s Typhons, 1 road car, 1 dirt, I just used extra motors and ESC I had laying around since I trashed my 3S esc, I have the new V3 3s and plan to leave it that way, if I want speed I have my limitless and my 102mph typhon, it's just a toy 6s but runs great until you strip the spur gear, i'll get a metal one, one day
Fair enough! Who doesn't like an overpowered project car? ???

well actuall my road Typhon is a Mamba 8s ESC with a castle 1515, 34/34 limitless pinion and spool setup, but i want a 1717 in it whenever i can find one. my converted 3s its just made with spare parts and fast and durable, the 3s is hard to break the front or rear wing, even on a nose dive from 20ft up when sending it and losing a battery wire mid flight, lol , now I await my needed parts to fit a Kraton 4s body onto my Typhon 6s

Just get cheap zd 8002 shocks same quality as the 6s typhon shocks but you need to work on them like shorten the rear travel, change the spirngs to kraton or typhon springs and alos change the oil. But they work well

i have extra 6s shocks, a set of 4 but i save them for my 6S rigs, kind of thought they'd be too big, I seen a guy on youtube who had Hobbystar shocks or something ( I forget) they looked and worked great but i couldnt find them anywhere

i have extra 6s shocks, a set of 4 but i save them for my 6S rigs, kind of thought they'd be too big, I seen a guy on youtube who had Hobbystar shocks or something ( I forget) they looked and worked great but i couldnt find them anywhere
I find the Typhon 6S shocks on the Granite/BRCC to be a bit stiff. But there is at least one guy here that thinks they are too soft. I think he put Kraton springs on it. Must be like a pogo stick ?

I am running the metal spur gear (4S) and I need to change the spur gear assembly at 6 months in 3S. You need a spur 1.0 mod like 6S.
It will work with the steel 0.8 mod but forget reliability.

Using the blx185 and stock motor with 4S lipo you will have better reliability. In 4S with 15T it go very fast!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back