Granite 3s typhon to 3s granite conversion questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pa_fullsend

Full send or no send ??
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
So I picked up a hardly used 3s typhon for ridiculously cheap. I don’t even wanna say how much to not make anyone to jealous ? Hahaha. But anyway I really wanted a granite just couldn’t pass this up. So what does it take to convert to a granite. I already know the chassis is shorter so that means the center driveshaft too I would think. Then I’m pretty sure the a arms are different to accept the thicker shocks. Of course the front bumper and tires. Am I missing anything??

Wheels/tires
Axles
A-arms
Turnbuckles, front, rear, tierods
Chassis
Body
Body mounts
Bumpers
Center shaft
Chassis side guards

Typhon is an awsome rig.. I would run it the way it is, then look for a granite.. (y)

Wheels/tires
Axles
A-arms
Turnbuckles, front, rear, tierods
Chassis
Body
Body mounts
Bumpers
Center shaft
Chassis side guards

Typhon is an awsome rig.. I would run it the way it is, then look for a granite.. (y)

I see now. The typhon uses 6s style wheel hexes and the granites got the ones similar to the 4s line. Yeah it certainly is, I have a 6s typhon and it’s awesome. I originally wanted a granite in the first place but saw this deal and couldn’t pass it up knowing I can eventually convert it. Thanks for that info ??

I would leave the arms, driveshafts and turnbuckles alone as they are slightly wider and will make the Granite more stable, pick up some MX28 Badlands for the tires as they are what a lot of people upgrade to. On Jenny’s rc you can get the other things @Camaroboy383 mentioned for relatively cheap, my senton to granite conversion cost like 50 bucks, good luck with whatever you choose!?

I would leave the arms, driveshafts and turnbuckles alone as they are slightly wider and will make the Granite more stable, pick up some MX28 Badlands for the tires as they are what a lot of people upgrade to. On Jenny’s rc you can get the other things @Camaroboy383 mentioned for relatively cheap, my senton to granite conversion cost like 50 bucks, good luck with whatever you choose!?

That’s not a bad idea since keeping all that stuff typhon would leave me with the 17mm hex to use the badlands, and I already have a set. So what about shocks? Stock 3s typhon shocks are a lot smaller than granite shocks. Would granite shocks work on the typhon arms? If so all I would need to get is a granite chassis, center driveshaft, shocks, body and body mounts.

Typhon and granite shocks are the same!? Your all set?!!!!

Ok yeah I think I was confused. For some reason I thought the granite ones were beefier. Damn I am set I don’t need as much as I thought haha. Might upgrade to the typhon shocks, I saw some people doing that to their granites.
Typhon 6s shocks ?

Typhon 6s direct fit right. Any mods ?

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of converting my granite into a Typhon, keep the Typhon arms for a wider stance, the chassis is the short wheel base on the granite, you will need the shorter section of the granite center driveshaft. Keep the 17mm hexes and get some 17mm wheels.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back