Typhon 3s Typhon Vs 3S Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuchaka

Reaction score
I’ve narrowed my choice down to the 3s version of either the Typhon or the Granite. What’s everyone’s experience with these. Pros/Cons. Thoughts. Thanks.

Depends on what kind of surface you’ll be driving on and what you wanna do with it. Typhon will handle better and be great on the road and dirt. Granite will do better on rougher terrain and in grass and will be able to backflip and handle better in the air when jumping.

I’ve narrowed my choice down to the 3s version of either the Typhon or the Granite. What’s everyone’s experience with these. Pros/Cons. Thoughts. Thanks.
I had the same dilemma, I watched many videos and I opted for the Granite. To me the Granite is a close quarters basher while the Typhon is a distances jumper/speeder. jmo

Any problems with the Granite yet?
No problems, I'm a total noob at this and I think I put it through it passes> I have sunk it in a puddle, skate parked jumped it had many many crashes and have only trashed the body and broke a rear A-Arm in 30 degree weather snow jumping.

Depends on what kind of surface you’ll be driving on and what you wanna do with it. Typhon will handle better and be great on the road and dirt. Granite will do better on rougher terrain and in grass and will be able to backflip and handle better in the air when jumping.
Either will be amazing fun. Granite is a wheelie monster and the shorter wheelbase provides tons of flipping fun. Granite will also handle tall grass and rougher terrain a bit better.

If I can play this thread’s devil’s advocate and lobby for the Typhon side, you’re just some 2.8/3.8 tires away from pretty much the same aerial acrobatics fun. And there’s always getting a few parts off JennyRC and going BRCC if you want to scratch the MT itch. ?

Good luck with the decision.

AFE6F7FC-5887-445F-8306-A145FFCAE04A.jpeg

They all are pretty fun. It comes down to what type of rig do you want. Here is a very brief rundown:

Granite BLX 3S: SWB wheelie & flip on medium speed. Decent tires at lower speeds, but balloon at higher speeds.

Outcast 4S: SWB wheelie & flip on high speed. Best tires for off-road.

BRCC: LWB truck can still wheelie and flip, but more stable at high speed. Tires aren’t as good.

Kraton 4S: LWB truck that’s faster than the BRCC and has better tires. Best basher of the group, but less wheelies than the SWB versions.

Typhon BLX 3S: LWB track buggy that can have truck tires added and become a better bashing rig. Out of the box is more of a racer.

Senton BLX 3S: LWB track short course truck with larger body that protects parts better for new guys. Tires aren’t as large as other trucks, so it is more stable at speed. Can be upgraded to bigger tires but you will need to modify the body a lot.

Do the stock shocks on the granite still having a lot of leaking problems?

I own both and completely agree with everyone else, it all depends on how you intend to use it. If you’re racing against your buddies Typhon, if you just want to bash Granite. That’s the problem with this Hobby, there’s no 1 perfect vehicle, that’s why it becomes an addiction and before you know it you have a whole bunch of them!?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back