Typhon 3S Typhon with unbreakable wing….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BudUMfan

Go Big, Go Fast. Go Blue!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Talion EXB
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon TLR
Picked this wing up from @3d-rc.myshopify.com and it is sweet! Just going to add some washers to avoid it ripping off. But it super good quality. Looks cool too.it’s “unbreakable” so far!

4CAA22E7-2343-4287-AB32-E767C284DE57.jpeg

image.jpg

Rubbery wings are the bee's knee's.. 😎.. I've been doing it for years and have yet to break a wing mount.. 👍.. best thing you can do in my opinion

I personally would never call anything unbreakable lol. I have seen some pics of people’s carnage 😂

I have a few favorites. Yeah I ran under a parked car and it ripped the wing mount off. Your product sucks I want my money back 🤦‍♂️

same thing here. I think in order to 3d print without those lines, you need some high 5-low 6 figure cost machines

Exactly, injection molded...🤣🤣🤣... It really isn't that crazy, but it's in the 10k range to have moulds made and to own them depending on complexity.. Then you pay to have them injected so much per part, probably around a 1.00 and change if you ran say 1000..

Exactly, injection molded...🤣🤣🤣... It really isn't that crazy, but it's in the 10k range to have moulds made and to own them depending on complexity.. Then you pay to have them injected so much per part, probably around a 1.00 and change if you ran say 1000..
I didnt get those numbers. If you got a machine like that at home, what do you pay?

I didnt get those numbers. If you got a machine like that at home, what do you pay?

Sorry I'm slightly confused by your question.. I was just saying the only way to get rid of lines in a material that would react much like rubber would be to injection mould them..

Resin 3d printing would be viable also but at the price of the resin which is not cheap..

I wounder if you took a small butane torch and held it a few inches away and used a constant sweeping motion on top of them lines if they would melt ever so slightly would they go away? Or if the part is printed in a clear form you could wet sand them lines down and then paint that part what ever color you wanted I believe that would work ..but sanding a colored part would ruin it's glossyness unless you like a mate finish.

I actually don’t mind the lines. It’s made from a weird material that is flexible and strong but I like your sanding idea. I’d be afraid that I’d melt that sucker in seconds. 😂

I actually don’t mind the lines. It’s made from a weird material that is flexible and strong but I like your sanding idea. I’d be afraid that I’d melt that sucker in seconds. 😂
If you were to keep moving the heat and not directly on to one spot you would be ok .

If you were to keep moving the heat and not directly on to one spot you would be ok .
Well they are pretty cheap…. Let me know how it turns out! 🤣 I’m not allowed to play with fire. 😁 Wife does have her boundaries…..

Well they are pretty cheap…. Let me know how it turns out! 🤣 I’m not allowed to play with fire. 😁 Wife does have her boundaries…..
I don't currently have anything 3d printed . But been talking to @Tex Koder and he is designing a pair of sharklets for my front splitter. But they will be black and that's about the only 3d part I'll have or buy for the Big Papa long Rock build. Check out his threads he makes nice parts.

I wounder if you took a small butane torch and held it a few inches away and used a constant sweeping motion on top of them lines if they would melt ever so slightly would they go away? Or if the part is printed in a clear form you could wet sand them lines down and then paint that part what ever color you wanted I believe that would work ..but sanding a colored part would ruin it's glossyness unless you like a mate finish.
Sanding should work. Or straight a cnc machine and clean it down 🙂

Sanding should work. Or straight a cnc machine and clean it down 🙂

Lol.. none of the above.. 3d printed parts are 3d printed parts.. the only thing you can smooth from a fdm printer is abs with a acetone vapor bath.. tpu, nylons, pctpe, anything of the sort is what it is.. 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back